[NL2-NL10] NL200 A6s BTN

• Gerv
      No-Limit Hold'em, $2.00 BB (8 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop

BB ($118.20)

UTG ($75.15)
      UTG+1 ($224.55)
      MP1 ($267.70)
      MP2 ($35)
      CO ($206)
      Hero (Button) ($37)
      SB ($101.25)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 6, A
      5 folds, Hero bets $4, 1 fold, BB calls $2

Flop: ($9) A, Q, 3 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $6, BB calls $6

Turn: ($21) 3 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks

River: ($21) 5 (2 players)
      BB bets $12, Hero calls $12

-> I clickraise BTN/CO to see how they react regardless 3bet against steal%
      Should I have shoved the Turn for protection although I am basically splitting against any other Ax ????

As played, should I call River or Shove?

- Gerv
  • 3 replies
    • wuusaa
      i play it the same way.

If you get check-raised on the turn, its a very ugly spot.
      & a freecard doestn hurt.
    • burek2000
      Nice and standard pot control hand with TP no kicker.

@ river: calling is mandatory since villain is quite aggro and could easily be bluffing after cb on turn and 3rd :heart: , on the other hand shove doesn't make sense because I don't think any worse hand will call, split at most.
    • DaPhunk
      I like the way you played This, I don't feel your hand is worth any more than the pot you played it for.

Interesting ClickRaise. I only ever Clickraise against extraordinarily Tight Villains. (Like 4/3 or something) and normally only SB when i have 1 immediately to my Left. Against this guy I still raise 3BB so its easy enough to get Value out of my good hands. He 3bets steals 16% in SB and 8% in BB So I think that is the better way to get Value out of him. Not Clickraising him to make steals Cheaper.

I wouldn't Feel Comfortable Clickraising my Monsters. I would just get such little Value from them.

Of Course, Everyone likes to play differently and thats why Poker is So interesting. Maybe My Methodology is old fashioned :f_tongue: I havn't really discussed minstealing/minraising as an SSS player before! It could make the game more complicated and interesting!