This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL200 A6s BTN

• Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      No-Limit Hold'em, $2.00 BB (8 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop

BB ($118.20)

UTG ($75.15)
      UTG+1 ($224.55)
      MP1 ($267.70)
      MP2 ($35)
      CO ($206)
      Hero (Button) ($37)
      SB ($101.25)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 6, A
      5 folds, Hero bets $4, 1 fold, BB calls $2

Flop: ($9) A, Q, 3 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $6, BB calls $6

Turn: ($21) 3 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks

River: ($21) 5 (2 players)
      BB bets $12, Hero calls $12

-> I clickraise BTN/CO to see how they react regardless 3bet against steal%
      Should I have shoved the Turn for protection although I am basically splitting against any other Ax ????

As played, should I call River or Shove?

- Gerv
  • 3 replies
    • wuusaa
      wuusaa
      Bronze
      i play it the same way.

If you get check-raised on the turn, its a very ugly spot.
      & a freecard doestn hurt.
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Nice and standard pot control hand with TP no kicker.

@ river: calling is mandatory since villain is quite aggro and could easily be bluffing after cb on turn and 3rd :heart: , on the other hand shove doesn't make sense because I don't think any worse hand will call, split at most.
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      I like the way you played This, I don't feel your hand is worth any more than the pot you played it for.

Interesting ClickRaise. I only ever Clickraise against extraordinarily Tight Villains. (Like 4/3 or something) and normally only SB when i have 1 immediately to my Left. Against this guy I still raise 3BB so its easy enough to get Value out of my good hands. He 3bets steals 16% in SB and 8% in BB So I think that is the better way to get Value out of him. Not Clickraising him to make steals Cheaper.

I wouldn't Feel Comfortable Clickraising my Monsters. I would just get such little Value from them.

Of Course, Everyone likes to play differently and thats why Poker is So interesting. Maybe My Methodology is old fashioned :f_tongue: I havn't really discussed minstealing/minraising as an SSS player before! It could make the game more complicated and interesting!