Losing BR

• irregularity
      irregularity
      Bronze
      Hey guys,

Basically, I am a cash player(at the moment) and I get quite attatched to my BR :D How do you deal with losing some money? I mean, I lose a couple buy ins and get really pissed off with the game and stop playing in disgust for a week. It really has a detremental effect on my momentum/learning.

Thoughts?
  • 3 replies
    • REmmell
      REmmell
      Bronze
      Heres the best advice a person can give on this topic.
      http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/psychology/

Hope it helps!
    • straddler71
      straddler71
      Global
      Originally posted by irregularity
      Hey guys,

Basically, I am a cash player(at the moment) and I get quite attatched to my BR :D How do you deal with losing some money? I mean, I lose a couple buy ins and get really pissed off with the game and stop playing in disgust for a week. It really has a detremental effect on my momentum/learning.

Thoughts?
      Depends how much I lose. Hehheh. But seriously if your using good brm a couple of buyins is a small percentage of your br. If your making good plays and playing your "a" game don't worry about it too much, you will win in the long term. Just shake off a bad day and get back at it the following day. Just because you had a bad day today doesn't mean you will have a bad day tomorrow.
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      Originally posted by REmmell
      Heres the best advice a person can give on this topic.
      http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/psychology/

Hope it helps!
      I can totally agree with REmmell 100% as the articles in the Psychology section really helped when i hit a major downswing. They helped me with my mindset which in turn helped when i was at the tables.

I just reviewed all my losing hands and i knew that i was playing my A-game and just let my bankroll management take care of it.

Kind Regards,
      -Steve