[NL2-NL10] NL10 FR AK, push preflop after squeeze?

• Volrath89
      Volrath89
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      UTG2:
      $8,80
      MP2:
      $10,00
      CO:
      $16,70
      Hero:
      $19,05

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with A:heart: , K:diamond:
      UTG2 raises to $0,30, MP1 folds, MP2 calls $0,30, MP3 folds, CO calls $0,30, Hero raises to $2,00, 3 folds, MP2 raises to $6,10, 2 folds, MP2 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $4,75

I put him on a PP, but probably JJ or worse, if he had QQ+ he would have raised before me I think...

So, regarding my play, was it ok? and what about the squeeze bet size, was it a bit too much probably?
  • 3 replies
    • Michailewic
      Michailewic
      Bronze
      If you goes all-in, MP2 will have to call anything which means that you have to put $8,00 to get $12,75. Your odds are 1,6:1. So you had odds to go against a range QQ+, AK. If you think that he has pp small than QQ, so it is instant shove.

His play may, however, indicate AA or KK, especially if he expects someone to squeeze. But I do not think that players goes through such thinkg at NL10. Sometimes players do this with small pp. Given this fact, I would shove and make a note. I think that folding with AK is weak in this spot after you invested so much money.

In similar spots, if I do not have reads, I will ask the following question: Would I re-raise him, should he had normally raised? If the answer is positive, I am sticking it in (e.g. if he has aces, I will go over it because I would get it in anyway if he had raised normally).

Raise to $1,50 would be sufficient.
    • maya1984
      maya1984
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Michailewic
      If you goes all-in, MP2 will have to call anything which means that you have to put $8,00 to get $12,75. Your odds are 1,6:1. So you had odds to go against a range QQ+, AK. If you think that he has pp small than QQ, so it is instant shove.

His play may, however, indicate AA or KK, especially if he expects someone to squeeze. But I do not think that players goes through such thinkg at NL10. Sometimes players do this with small pp. Given this fact, I would shove and make a note. I think that folding with AK is weak in this spot after you invested so much money.

In similar spots, if I do not have reads, I will ask the following question: Would I re-raise him, should he had normally raised? If the answer is positive, I am sticking it in (e.g. if he has aces, I will go over it because I would get it in anyway if he had raised normally).
      +1
      good logic!
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I´d shove pf, because of pot odds and pot is imo too big to fold.