For Bonus Clearing SSS or BSS

• KidPokersKid
      KidPokersKid
      Global
      I am just curious on peoples thoughts on what is better to clear a bonus. I like BSS and can play 6 tables with no real problems and I will also be making decent money doing this but I have a large bonus about $580 to clear in a few months and I am not sure if I should start SSSing on NL100 or play BSS on NL25 and just grind it out for the money and the rakeback + bonus.

Just want others opinions on best ways to clear the bonus (should I just stick to what I can play well?)
  • 7 replies
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      imo SSS >> BSS for bonus clearing. But I would never do that because Im not to good at SSS.
    • Volrath89
      Volrath89
      Bronze
      Hello KidPokersKid,

Just want others opinions on best ways to clear the bonus (should I just stick to what I can play well?)

Yes, definitely.

I'll share my personal experience, I play BSS SH NL20 and can play from 4 to 6 tables. I played SSS in the beggining though, so I kinda know both strategies (but right now I am only trying to improve at BSS).

And, I find SSS starting from NL50 to be way harder, I mean you can still profit at NL25- with basic strategy + some steals, but starting from NL50 I'm not sure.. at least in the hands I've played (also did it for bonus clearing) I run very bad and stopped playing it...

But, I think a good way to clear bonus if you are not that good at SSS, is playing both SSS and BSS, and both on the same limit, anyway you generate more rake at SSS since you usually play 16 or more tables...

At least that's what I am going to do to clear my bonuses in the future, bye.
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Due to MultiTabling you can normally Generate More Rake and Clear Bonuses Faster With SSS.

However, I suggest you play both SSS and BSS. If you get better at BSS and move up limits you may find you don't need to grind the SSS so much and will have more time to relax in game and enjoy it :D
    • bkbart
      bkbart
      Bronze
      I start with a bunch of sss tables and if I double up I just stay at the table. I realize this puts me at an awquard stack from time to time but it has been working for me on the fishier sites where it is +++ive to have more chips infront of you. Also if you have doubled up there is a greater chance that is the table you want to be at. At the same time I am a bonus whore since I play low limits so I want to play many tables....hence the sss buy in.
    • KidPokersKid
      KidPokersKid
      Global
      Originally posted by TheBrood
      imo SSS >> BSS for bonus clearing. But I would never do that because Im not to good at SSS.
      Yea exactly :f_pleased: ..prolly gunna have to play BSS and put in 2k hands a day or something
    • Verre
      Verre
      Bronze
      Ugh do not change your game to clear bonuses.

I learned this the hard way. I lost more money than the bonus I was unlocking and basically just wasted my time. Its better to unlock half a bonus and make a profit playing your game then to lose money playing someone elses game and unlocking your bonus.

This is one reason I consider myself an Online fish. Once I have no bonuses to clear and I play my game I'm profitable. I hope I have learned my lesson.
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Verre

Once I have no bonuses to clear and I play my game I'm profitable.
      Yep I have noticed this too, I need to learn to forget about the bonus and focus on playing my A-game.