This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 FR AA on wet board

• Volrath89
      Volrath89
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $16,90
      BU:
      $9,75

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A:spade: , A:club:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0,40, 2 folds, BU calls $0,40, 2 folds.

Flop: ($0,95) Q:heart: , 4:spade: , 7:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,60, BU raises to $1,30, Hero calls $0,70.

Turn: ($3,55) 8:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $1,40, Hero calls $1,40.

River: ($6,35) A:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU checks.

Final Pot: $6,35

My thoughts:

Flop: His raise is minimal, so I just call it. I doubt he is on a flush draw (he'd had just called I think), he could be on a made hand better than mine, but with such a min. raise I can afford to find it out..

Turn: The scare card appears, and I play check-call, but, since I get the nut FD, should I have played check-raise? (also considering his bet is so small...)

River: Here is where i have my biggest doubt. If he isn't on the flush, this card beats his 2 pairs, sets and also he might be scared to bet because of the scary board, so should I have leaded here (with a ~$3 bet)?
  • 1 reply
    • Michailewic
      Michailewic
      Bronze
      Flop: I am raising flop and try to stick it in. He might be on flush draw or he might have TP.

Turn: As played, I would c/c the turn.

River: His bet on the turn does not seem so strong, so he might not have a flush. I would likely bet the river ($3,2). Tuhs you can get value from worse hands which would check behind.