Help - Beginner Withdrawing

• ContagiousFlame
      ContagiousFlame
      Bronze
      Hi all,

I recently joined Bwin Poker and have since then made some profit and withdrew not long after joining. After that, I saw that you had to send in photo ID for authenticity which I also then did, and then proceeded to check my emails for some sort of confirmation.

I didn't receive any confirmations, which is unlike other sites I've withdrawn from such as Pacific Poker or Full Tilt, so I also emailed them about the withdrawal.

And I've also sent them a message through the support section after still receiving no response. But still now, no response. It's a lot of money for me, and the money is now out of my account as seen in "account movements", so I am very anxious as to whether or not this is normal that they do not inform you via email about the withdrawal process and whether I should just be patient.

Any advice? I've heard Bwin is quite trusted so I really hope I have nothing to worry about... (ie. not getting my money)

Thanks!
  • 9 replies
    • mishuq
      mishuq
      Bronze
      you should receive an e-mail with the confirmation of accepting your request and validation of your ID and another one when they send the money.
      if you did everything lie in the books, you have nothing to worry about (the weekend just ended so they should start sending the cash in no time )
    • roswellx
      roswellx
      Bronze
      have no worries about your money if you are doing everything as asked. But i have to admit that, they are slow when processing cash outs... They respond too slow even to their yellow members. Anyway.. GL
    • ContagiousFlame
      ContagiousFlame
      Bronze
      Thanks for your replies!

I was happy to see that I should have nothing to worry about, but then I checked my email today and got this:

"Thank you for your e-mail.

Your account has been closed for a security investigation. Unfortunately, at the current state we are not in the position to provide further information regarding the investigation itself. In order to process the security check accordingly, please send a copy of your credit card (front and back side) used via fax to 0043-1-5856044-18. As soon as the required document has arrived, we will be able to evaluate if the account can be reopened.

You can send us a scanned copy or a digital photo of proof of your credit card via the following link:

https://www.bwin.com/account.aspx?view=PayOut&subview=Upload

Please ensure that the data does not exceed 5MB. You can scan and save the data as a .jpg file which should avoid any problems.

We are sorry for any inconveniences this might cause.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any further queries.

Kind regards,

Your bwin customer service team"

WTF?!

I have since uploaded those pictures to them, but am very anxious now because my account (although it's closed now so I can't get the money out anyway) says I have $"x" which is about half of what I had when I withdrew!

If they're trying to rip me off then it is very sad indeed, I have done nothing wrong and they probably make millions of dollars too...
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      I wouldnt worry too much.

Odds of them "ripping you off" <<< odds of them doing routine security check.

Money lost by bwin due to bad publicity (ripping you off) >>> Money lost to any fraudulent activities you could attempt.
    • ContagiousFlame
      ContagiousFlame
      Bronze
      Yeah hopefully they aren't planning on ripping me off and creating bad publicity for themselves, but what really can I do if they don't pay up?

Is there any legal gaming authorities or something of the sort that I could contact? Or I wonder if PokerStrategy could help. Hmm..
    • Alexd10
      Alexd10
      Bronze
      I recently withdrew my br aswell. They atarted off by sending me an email asking to upload my id which i had already done on the day I withdrew, then after a few days i sent them an email saying where is my money, no reply. then a few days later I get an email saying thank you and we have processed your withdrawal, going to check my bank account now to see if it is.

Unless you have done something you shouldnt have like opened multiple account u dont have anything to worry about, just do what they say and you should be ok.
    • ContagiousFlame
      ContagiousFlame
      Bronze
      ALexd10, just wondering did they close your account after you tried to withdraw? Because if they didn't then I think your experience would be more general than mine because for some reason they've closed mine claiming some sort of "security investigation".

Anyway I'm hoping they have just really slow CS and are doing some sort of (stupid) routine check (and closing random accounts).

But I have done a bit of looking around and found numerous other cases where Bwin is all fine and good but then the person wins and Bwin closes their account while offering very little explanation.

Also the amount of money that has already been deducted from my account equates to my original deposit amount, which is starting to look like (if they do end up giving me any money back) they might refund me my original deposit amount but refuse to give me my winnings that I rightfully deserve.

They cannot claim about any suspicious poker plays as I won it ALL on heads up (cash game 10 seater - 2 people on the table) within 10 minutes, and I have proved my identity so anything they claim is an attempt of theft of my money.

This is my first experience with Bwin, and definitely my last.
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      I think most of the sites are like this
    • s3xas
      s3xas
      Global
      they closed my acc too when i start to witdrawing. i send them id copy and get this.Dear Mr lpopo,

The copy of the government issued ID you provided has been approved.

Please do not reply to this e-mail address. If you have any further questions, please contact our customer service team via the contact page.

Kind regards,
      i write to support why they closed my acc but get no answers.
      if any knows wat i had to do please help me