This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Standard 3 bet ranges - SH

• kingdippy2008
      kingdippy2008
      Bronze
      Hi,

Ok so i was going through some stats in my data base and i found a leak that my 3 bet % is too low (about 5%). Im playing on NL10 and i just wanna know what you would personally 3 bet.

I know its very opponent specific, but lets say we do it for 2 guys.

35/28

and

20/18

Give your oponions on what you would 3 bet them with, from the button. Also say they were raising from MP.

Thanks,

-Jack
  • 2 replies
    • nafar84
      nafar84
      Bronze
      5% is not too low for nl10 imo, it already comprises 99+,AJs+,KQs,AKo

Although I'd rather just call with hands like 99,TT,AJs,KQs and 3bet with junk like low pp's, baby connectors/gappers (64s etc), unsuited connectors (78o etc) to balance the range and to avoid domination scenarios like AJ vs AQ... also if you get called with a hand like 99 then most of the time you have to turn it into a bluff, which isn't good because 99 already has good value.

Also I think villain's vpip/pfr doesn't matter much. You should look at the "fold to 3bet" stat. I often come across a 35/28 who always folds to 3bets and a 20/18 who never folds. So keep an eye on that stat and if they're folding a lot then you can 3bet with all sorts of stuff.
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      I don't think you need to be 3betting too much on NL10. 5% is not very low