only turbo?

• highsocietypro
      highsocietypro
      Bronze
      hello all I just got started with PS and its seems great so far only thing is i am uesd to playing at FTP or POKERSTARS i have accounts there so had to choose PARTY I chose to get my capital in the SNG section problem is there only seems to be 1 table turbos in the $1 level i hate turbos any advice?????
  • 5 replies
    • LuborC
      LuborC
      Bronze
      I guess the only options for you are either to grind it out on the turbos (it might actually help your ICM game since you will be forced to perfect it if you want to make a decent profit there) or switch to other game type..
    • highsocietypro
      highsocietypro
      Bronze
      thanks for the answer do you mean a switch to NL or FL cash games? can i do that i did the sng quiz! it seems the muti table sng's start at $3 this seems odd compared with FTP or PS??
    • LuborC
      LuborC
      Bronze
      You can play whatever games you want even if you did the SNG quiz you just need to read up and at least watch a few videos before you switch.
      Party just sicks like this. They don't have any decent SNGs until the 6$ ones but these still have double rake compared to the same lvl at Stars or Full Tilt. You can make a very nice profit from these with some basic ICM knowledge.

So your options are either grind the 1$ turbos while learning the ICM or switching to other game type. The first option means you will be ready to make decent money once you get to low stakes from the microstakes. If you choose to switch you won't have to grind the microlimit crapshoots for a few months before moving up to at least the 6$ SNGs..
    • highsocietypro
      highsocietypro
      Bronze
      Thanks alot dude i will read up on the NL and make a chose from there!

I liked your blog too! where in the alps did you go? i work in the alps every winter this year i finished early with a triple break in my hand doing a insane flip off piste i am now at home bored cant work so decided to try make money grinding! laters!
    • Dante63s
      Dante63s
      Bronze
      I also had the same problem, but thoes $1 are not that bad. I got my BR to $120 with them, then I got a bonus and started the $3 turbos, got my BR to about $400, then came the downswing and the fact that I was always all in. Sometimes the flips dont go your way.

Now I play cash, but I would like to play the $11 sits. They have decent rake and good blind timing.