Known players:   
      MP2:
      $10.19
      Hero:
      $10.00
      BU:
      $19.43

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with 4:heart: , 4:club:
      MP2 raises to $0.40, MP3 folds, Hero calls $0.40, BU calls $0.40, 2 folds.

Flop: ($1.35) 7:heart: , 8:heart: , 4:spade: (3 players)
      MP2 checks, Hero bets $1.00, BU calls $1.00, MP2 folds.

Turn: ($3.35) 9:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $1.59, Hero calls $1.59.

River: ($6.53) 5:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $3.10, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $9.63

Question: What to do on the turn, if BU is more TAG-ish? Seems that every possible draw got there.
  • 3 replies
    • Michailewic
      Michailewic
      Bronze
      Nine on the turn is unlikely to complete a straight. Against 56 you were behind already on the flop.

is not a great card but I would bet to get information.

Should you be just called on the turn, I would bet/fold on the river since villain is not likely to bluff you in such an ugly spot and he is not raising worse hands; because if you check on the river, he would check behind with worse hands but bet with better hands.

Should you be raised on the turn, I would probably call but c/f the river.

As played, I would call the turn bet (you are getting good odds to impove to fullhouse or quads). And I would c/f the river
    • uuberpro
      uuberpro
      Gold
      How much would you bet on the river, if you get called on the turn?
      Let's say I'd bet $2 on the turn and I'd get called. Then a bet of half the pot on the river has taken almost all of my stack. If I get reraised, I'd have to call about $3 to win about $20...
      So should I bet less on the turn?
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by uuberpro
      How much would you bet on the river, if you get called on the turn?
      Let's say I'd bet $2 on the turn and I'd get called. Then a bet of half the pot on the river has taken almost all of my stack. If I get reraised, I'd have to call about $3 to win about $20...
      So should I bet less on the turn?
      Don´t bet less on the turn.
      Imop this is the spot when you can play for stacks, so I´d bet turn 3$, if he raises I´m likely going to fold, because I think he has there a lot of times flush, rather than two pair.
      If you bet 3$ on the turn, then you have to shove on blank river.