This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] 25NL AKs in SB vs dual min-raise preflop

• Mstlc
      Mstlc
      Bronze
      Hello,

Was this a good fold? Regardless of the fact that I would've flopped the nuts.
      I mean... personally, I really feel like just shoving it in there because I feel those raises are weak. I feel like the guy initial raiser has suited connectors or a small pair and the button is just making it a normal 4BB pre-flop raise with AJ/AQ/KQ etc.

I feel like I am ahead of their ranges but I just fold here cause SSS says to not play anything but Kings & Aces after a pre-flop 3bet and before I decided to give SSS another try today I also promised myself I would follow the range letter by letter!
      Should I stick to this rule strictly or can I just shove AK here if the re-raise doesn't go over a normal sized open raise like in this case?

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

$0.1/$0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      UTG1:
      $20.15
      UTG2:
      $25.00
      MP1:
      $30.20
      MP2:
      $23.85
      MP3:
      $10.70
      CO:
      $12.45
      BU:
      $29.15
      SB(Hero):
      $4.60
      BB:
      $4.75

Preflop: Hero is SB with A, K.
      2 folds, MP1 raises to $0.5, 3 folds, BU raises to $1, 2 folds, MP1 calls $0.50.

Flop: ($2.35) J, 5, 3 (2 players)
      MP1 checks, BU bets $1.25, MP1 calls $1.25.

Turn: ($4.85) 7 (2 players)
      MP1 checks, BU checks.

River: ($4.85) 4 (2 players)
      MP1 bets $2.00, BU calls $2.00.

Final Pot: $8.85.

Results follow (highlight to see):

BU shows a pair of jacks (Ac Jc)
      MP1 shows a flush, queen high (Qd 5h)
      MP1 wins with a flush, queen high (Qd 5h).
  • 3 replies