UTG: $32.31
      UTG+1: $50.00
      MP1: $101.26
      Hero (MP2): $52.84
      CO: $24.00
      BTN: $9.25
      SB: $57.77

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is MP2 with A :diamond: K :spade:
      UTG calls $0.50, 1 fold, MP1 calls $0.50, Hero raises to $3, 3 folds, BB raises to $9, 2 folds, Hero??????

Ok, In this Scenario, I will say Villain is a 12/9 player with a 3bet% at 5% overall.

Seeing as we are not Deepstacked we are informed 4bet/Fold Is not applicable.

If we just call we are basically showing him we have JJ (or TT, QQ perhaps) or AK, and Possibibly AQ right? NOT either AA or KK.

We could of course fold and avoid a sticky situation.....

So whats our play? If we call we're likely not getting paid off by a weaker hand when we hit or getting owned by AA or KK because our range is so obvious, If we 4bet and see further action we are just horrible underdogs but its possible we get him to fold 2/3rds of his hands.

If he raises a JJ+ AK Range thats a 3.0% range. If he only goes broke with KK+ thats a 0.9% range.

It is also possible he will 3bet me with more like 3.8% range including AQs and TT or even looser, knowing my PFR and that I'm likely to isolating the loose limpers, so Is a 4bet/Fold Really not applicable If he only goes broke with KK+ like most players?

Anyway, What IS the standard line in this spot?
  • 2 replies
    • veriz

With his 3bet range I think I would just 4bet and go broke. If you have position stats here, I would definitely check them. It ain't wrong if you just Check/Fold here but sometimes it just too weak, in some situations you have to take the risk and go broke.

Best regards,
    • Kaitz20
      I prefer also 4-bet/getting all-in.
      If villain is also 4-betting sometimes with AQ/AJ, then you can also call and get all-in with top pair.