• ronekinky
      ronekinky
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position
      SB
      CO

0,25/0,5 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with K:spade: , Q:spade:
      MP3 folds, CO raises to $1,50, Hero calls $1,50, SB calls $1,25, BB folds.

Flop: ($5,00) A:heart: , 2:spade: , A:spade: (3 players)
      SB bets $3,50, CO folds, Hero calls $3,50.

Turn: ($12,00) 9:spade: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($12,00) 5:heart: (2 players)
      SB bets $12,00, Hero raises to $24,00, SB raises to $40,19 (All-In), Hero calls $16,19.

Final Pot: $92,38

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a flush, ace high (Ks Qs)
      SB shows a full-house, nines full of aces (9h 9d)

SB wins with a full-house, nines full of aces (9h 9d)

THIS my dear friend is the reality of titan poker. i have been playing on titan for about a year. and if there is something i have noticed with the site, it is that i VERY often find myself loosing with a very strong hand like in the example above. im not being i bad looser saying its rigged and all that stuff. im just saying that VERY often two monsterhands go up against each other. and often i find myself on the loosing end. i have two pair, he has trips. i have trips, he has straight. and so on.... anyone else noticed this?
  • 17 replies
    • Jackalof
      Jackalof
      Bronze
      i used to get into those situations alot. then i started playing according to the Starting Hands Chart (tm) :P

seriously, post this hand on hand evaluation, i think you should have folded preflop
    • ShadowOfLight1337
      ShadowOfLight1337
      Bronze
      Perhaps Titan has made it so that large hands go up against each other meaning they'd invest more money in the pot meaning Titan gets more rake!
      -gasp- It all makes sense now!
    • STR82ACE
      STR82ACE
      Bronze
      What if he had AA? Would that make it better? Or how about A9o? Or A2 or A5?

Villain played it perfectly, HOPING you would hit your flush.
    • ronekinky
      ronekinky
      Bronze
      he had 99.. so youre saying he was hoping for the 9 of spades?
    • STR82ACE
      STR82ACE
      Bronze
      If any spade was to fall, THAT'S the one he wanted, yes.

You gave no indication that you had any strength, so consider his train of thought on the flop. He raised about 2/3pot, you cold called. On that board, you either had an ace and slow playing, most likely AK or AQ, or you were drawing to a flush.

As soon as that board paired, your thought processess must have included a boat as a possibility. With his re raise on the river, you know you were beat, by A LOT of hands too.

A9, A2, A5, 99, 55, 22, all beat you here. What range makes sense? To me, it would only be A9 or 99 (leaning heavily to the latter).

Your OP made it sound like you suspected the site to be staging big hands in advance. You know this can't be right. No logic in it for them, and I don't care if this happened on Titan, or Party, or Stars, or Cake...no site is going to do that. It just variance, and if you had won the pot, I wonder if your post would have instead been entitled "TITAN FISHIEST SITE ON EARTH"

I have found myself on MANY losing ends on MANY different sites. Its called 'variance' and its apart of the game.
    • kingdippy2008
      kingdippy2008
      Bronze
      yes obviously rigged, get off ipoker now.

Oh and Jackolof this is 6 max BSS. There is no starting hand chart for that :P

Postflop: Fine maybe even a 3 bet there to stop being squeezed?
      Flop: Ok
      Turn: Bet $7-$9
      River: Just shove after his bet if your not gonna fold to an all in raise
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      SB cold called OOP, unlikely to be anything but a PP from a decent player. Strong aces are squeezing for sure.

The flop bet is testing to see if anyone has an ace. Your draw here was strong enough to say "hell yes, I have an ace" and semibluff 3bet the flop. If you get raised again its by an ace or a FH and you can toss the hand there instead of drawing at the second best hand. 99 Could not have called a flop 3bet.
    • Sholomo
      Sholomo
      Bronze
      so post your graph and tell us how many hands is this happening already?
    • roswellx
      roswellx
      Bronze
      Since you're playing those limits, you should have been in such situations when you have beaten your villain more (winning end). Big pots are either won from fishes or some really bad conflict like, best nut, second nut hand etc... I think it is obvious you're drawing flush. You probably underestimated your villain....

I don't think there is a RIGGED poker site to make players get in conflict. If there is, it is RIGGED for everyone so %50 - %50 ? ?
    • themagpiespg
      themagpiespg
      Bronze
      Hi I see it happen on the poker site I've played on, it just part of the game if u got ur chips in when ur in front and u played the hand correctly its just a bad beat. :s_smile:
    • slikec
      slikec
      Global
      This happened few days at FTP:

No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop | saw showdown

BB ($11.32)
      UTG ($2)
      MP ($10.29)
      CO ($10)
      Hero (Button) ($13.92)
      SB ($10.05)

Preflop: Hero is Button with ,
      UTG (poster) checks, 2 folds, Hero bets $0.50, 1 fold, BB calls $0.40, 1 fold

Flop: ($1.15) , , (2 players)
      BB bets $0.70, Hero raises $1.50, BB raises $3.30, Hero calls $2.50

Turn: ($9.15) (2 players)
      BB bets $6.82 (All-In), Hero calls $6.82

River: ($22.79) (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: $22.79
      Main pot: $22.79 between BB and Hero, won by BB

Results:
      Hero had K, K (full house, sevens over Kings).
      BB had 8, 8 (full house, eights over sevens).
      Outcome: BB won $21.28

Should i complain and bitch is rigged? Lol hell no i putted money in in great shape and he cought his lucky 2 outer.

About your hand you were whole hand way behind and you wouldn't conti bet with 99 on A2As board???
    • AndySk
      AndySk
      Bronze
      [x] quit poker
    • One12ver
      One12ver
      Bronze
      Please don't quit because your the one I love to have at my table, allowing me to make about 6BB+/100 at Titan.:s_biggrin:

I can see your point but in this situation,but you have to be carefull when you call a raise then AA hits the flop then you call again, and check the turn.

Also, bad players complain and say sites are rigged, good players will "suck it up" study the table more and the other players and wait for the next good hand to make a move and win more than they lost. I have had many times(every day:f_rolleyes: ) where I had the best hand and a player catches his 2outer, causing me to loose a lot, but by the end of my session I come out winning because I keep a cool head and challenge myself to even play better next hand.

Next time play the hand properly, then loosing won't be so bad.
    • racenutalways
      racenutalways
      Bronze
      Lose the minimum, never raise a flush on a paired board. -EV. The two aces on the flop made it less likely you held an ace, therefore flush draw made sense.
      He betted to see where he was at. He did everything perfectly, and got paid off.
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Definitely rigged, this is why I play at Mansion instead of Titan.

Seriously though, Ive played for a year at ipoker and if this has happened, its normal or bad play.
    • lozz08
      lozz08
      Bronze
      One of my biggest lessons was that you should never go all-in or call a large re-raise with a nut flush, on a paired board. Why? Well, think about it sir, the best you can hope for in this situation is him having a lower flush, but why would he bet big/reraise with a non-nut flush? he would simply call in this situation.

So when he goes all-in you can easily eliminate a low flush. Now, think about what your opponent is looking at- a board with three high spades, and your call flop check turn behaviour is the personification of the play of someone with a nut flush. So why would he go all-in on the river if he didn't know he could beat a nut flush? Eh?
    • T3rMiT3
      T3rMiT3
      Silver
      (Comment)
      Known players: (?)
      vp$ip BBvsSteal ORL RaisePreflop
      Position: Stack
      AF W$SD WTS hands
      37 - 0 13
      BB: $6.49
      1.5 60 38 38

Hero: $0.63

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by http://www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG2 with A, K (Comment)
      UTG1 folds, Hero raises to $0.08, 6 folds, BB raises to $0.18, Hero calls $0.10.

Flop: ($0.37) K, 8, J (2 players) (Comment)
      BB bets $0.06, Hero raises to $0.45 (All-In), BB calls $0.39.

Turn: ($1.27) K (Comment)
      River: ($1.27) A (1 players) (Comment)

Final Pot: $1.27

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a full-house, kings full of aces (Ac Kd)
      BB shows a full-house, jacks full of kings (Jd Js)

Hero wins with a full-house, kings full of aces (Ac Kd)

(Comment)

this is one of the sick hand on titan