Known players:   
      Hero:
      $10.68
      BB:
      $9.80
      BU:
      $13.95

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q:heart: , Q:diamond:
      2 folds, BU calls $0.10, Hero raises to $0.50, BB calls $0.40, BU calls $0.40.

Flop: ($1.50) 5:heart: , 3:diamond: , 7:spade: (3 players)
      Hero bets $1.20, BB folds, BU raises to $2.40, Hero calls $1.20.

Turn: ($6.30) 8:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU checks.

River: ($6.30) 4:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.00, BU raises to $4.00, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $12.30

Q: Should I have pushed on the flop? The minraise by BU is very strange, as it may mean anything. After his check on the turn I tried to get value of A7, for example, but actually understood that there's almost nothing I can beat (even considering the good odds).
  • 3 replies
    • STR82ACE
      STR82ACE
      Bronze
      Reeks of a flopped set.

Flop; min raise, with a good overpair on this board, I'm tempted to come over top of him here and three bet again.

Turn; would have lead out again for about 1/2 pot. If he's coming over the top again, I'm tempted to fold to a perceived set. I'm most likely pushing in though after he raises.

River; bad card, really, fills out straights again. You're bet is too small here, I would have gone 1/2 to 2/3 pot. Without more reads though, I'm not sure I'm going broke, but it would be hard not to.
    • DecMate
      DecMate
      Bronze
      I was thinking push on the flop.

He can't have hit a straight yet, i dout he hit a two pair with a large 5x BB preflop bet to get him off that hand, he could have a hand like trips which is a scare.
      i think he could have an overpair too (88/99) or maybe hit top pair top kicker (7As)
      At this limit i would push and go broke with this hand, you're beating a large majority of hands.
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      I'd ship it on the flop. Minraises can mean absolutely anything and I can see him doing it with a top pair, pair+draw, just a draw, small overpair.. many other things than a set. I also ship it because there are many cards I don't want to see on the turn that can improve said hands, so I just want to get it in right there.