This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH, QQ, drawy board

• uuberpro
      uuberpro
      Diamond
      Known players:   
      Hero:
      $10.68
      BB:
      $9.80
      BU:
      $13.95

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q:heart: , Q:diamond:
      2 folds, BU calls $0.10, Hero raises to $0.50, BB calls $0.40, BU calls $0.40.

Flop: ($1.50) 5:heart: , 3:diamond: , 7:spade: (3 players)
      Hero bets $1.20, BB folds, BU raises to $2.40, Hero calls $1.20.

Turn: ($6.30) 8:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU checks.

River: ($6.30) 4:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.00, BU raises to $4.00, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $12.30

Q: Should I have pushed on the flop? The minraise by BU is very strange, as it may mean anything. After his check on the turn I tried to get value of A7, for example, but actually understood that there's almost nothing I can beat (even considering the good odds).
  • 3 replies
    • STR82ACE
      STR82ACE
      Bronze
      Reeks of a flopped set.

Flop; min raise, with a good overpair on this board, I'm tempted to come over top of him here and three bet again.

Turn; would have lead out again for about 1/2 pot. If he's coming over the top again, I'm tempted to fold to a perceived set. I'm most likely pushing in though after he raises.

River; bad card, really, fills out straights again. You're bet is too small here, I would have gone 1/2 to 2/3 pot. Without more reads though, I'm not sure I'm going broke, but it would be hard not to.
    • DecMate
      DecMate
      Gold
      I was thinking push on the flop.

He can't have hit a straight yet, i dout he hit a two pair with a large 5x BB preflop bet to get him off that hand, he could have a hand like trips which is a scare.
      i think he could have an overpair too (88/99) or maybe hit top pair top kicker (7As)
      At this limit i would push and go broke with this hand, you're beating a large majority of hands.
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      I'd ship it on the flop. Minraises can mean absolutely anything and I can see him doing it with a top pair, pair+draw, just a draw, small overpair.. many other things than a set. I also ship it because there are many cards I don't want to see on the turn that can improve said hands, so I just want to get it in right there.