[NL2-NL10] SSS NL 0.05/0.10 KQ beaten by QQ did I play this right???

• vickywood
      vickywood
      Bronze
      Hi,
      :( I just want to know if this was the right thing to do here. I knew I had a gutshot chance after the flop but with 2 callers I couldn't justify a continuation bet (or could I?) so when the Q came on the turn my thinking was that I had top pair with a kicker above a J so all-in. Was this the right thing to do? I have just had a run of decisions like this going wrong. Is this just a natural variance or am I showing in-experience I wonder?
      Thanks again for your time.Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)

Known players:
      CO(Hero):
      $1.75
      BU:
      $1.85
      SB:
      $7.83
      BB:
      $8.80
      UTG:
      $4.61
      UTG1:
      $2.11
      UTG2:
      $1.78
      MP1:
      $4.32
      MP2:
      $3.97
      MP3:
      $10.29

Preflop: Hero is CO with K, Q.
      UTG calls $0.10, 5 folds, Hero raises to $0.5, BU folds, SB calls $0.45, BB folds, UTG calls $0.40.

Flop: ($1.60) J, 2, 9 (3 players)
      SB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($1.60) Q (3 players)
      SB checks, UTG bets $0.50, Hero raises to $1.25(All-In), SB folds, UTG calls $0.75.

River: ($4.10) A (2 players)

Final Pot: $4.10.

Results follow:

UTG shows three of a kind, queens (Q Q)
      Hero shows a pair of queens (K Q)
      UTG wins with three of a kind, queens (Q Q).
  • 6 replies
    • kingdippy2008
      kingdippy2008
      Bronze
      Played it fine imo :)

nh

-Jack
    • vickywood
      vickywood
      Bronze
      Thanks for reply. :)
    • ShadowOfLight1337
      ShadowOfLight1337
      Bronze
      Limping with queens... Christ that is bad.

Well, I also believe that you played fine. Tricky situation, though IMO
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      No other way to play this hand.

Fact he had QQ is just a cooler, but results aren't important if your play is correct, so please remove them because it can affect people's opinion that discuss hands and hand judges don't like them either. :f_wink:
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by burek2000
      No other way to play this hand.

Fact he had QQ is just a cooler, but results aren't important if your play is correct, so please remove them because it can affect people's opinion that discuss hands and hand judges don't like them either. :f_wink:
      I hate results (if I lose :D )

Well you got a cooler but in fact if you spike toppair on the Turn multiway, the best way to maximize your expected value is to bet/bet/bet ;)

Best regards,
      Gerv
    • vickywood
      vickywood
      Bronze
      burek2000,

"No other way to play this hand. Fact he had QQ is just a cooler, but results aren't important if your play is correct, so please remove them because it can affect people's opinion that discuss hands and hand judges don't like them either. fish wink"

Hi, thanks for your comments on the hand.
      I am new to the forums and had read the rules and so on but did not see that results should not be posted ( I have since seen this in the guide :D ) otherwise I would not have included them. However I will not include them in future posts. Sorry if I annoyed anybody and thanks for letting me know.
      Vix.