preflop multiplier vs player filter

• strat9
      strat9
      Bronze
      Elephant has a player filter in its HUD that shows stats for 5-6 players, 3-4 players, and 1-2 players. There is also an option to turn the filter off. While using the preflop multipliers on the Approx charts to narrow down a hand range, is it better (more accurate) to turn the filter off or to use it?
  • 2 replies
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Hey strat9

I've never used the filter, but if it works, then you don't need to use the multiplier IMO in the ultra SH games (3-4 players, HU) because you're effectively getting the correct PFR for that villian in that game.

Sure maybe a little adjustment but the PFR will be much closer to the correct PFR I would think.

But what do I know! :f_confused:
    • strat9
      strat9
      Bronze
      I see what you're saying that the preflop multiplier may be best for 5-6 players per table and/or you get a narrower picture with less players. But while the filter adjusts for the number of players, it doesn't quite adjust for the player's specific position like the chart's multiplier.

So I guess what I'm getting at is: What is the best way to adjust and narrow a player's handrange according to position, while at the same time adjusting for the number of players at the table?