This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL 2 SH AK was I too weak

• Phildini
      Phildini
      Bronze
      Known players:    
      Hero:
      $2.28
      MP3:
      $2.34

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with K:heart: , A:spade:
      MP3 calls $0.02, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.10, BB folds, MP3 calls $0.08.

-- So here I make my standard raise, I'm having a shocker of a day. I've appeared aggressive on this table as I've had a few good hands in a row and have been raising so the call is not a suprise

Flop: ($0.22) J:club: , K:spade: , 7:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.16, MP3 calls $0.16.

Perfect flop for me, 2 spades but I'm not too worried heads up, expect a fold to be honest. Maybe the guy has hit a pair and thinks I'm bluffing as i say I've taken down a few pots with raise pre-flop and bet the flop

Turn: ($0.54) 8:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.54, MP3 raises to $2.08 (All-In), Hero calls $1.48 (All-In), MP3 gets uncalled bet back.

Really a nothing card, I'll be completely honest at this point I think to myself he is trying to double bluff me with either a weak king or absolutely nothing, I call far too fast without even thinking of his hand

River: ($4.58) 6:club: (1 players)

Final Pot: $4.58

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a pair of kings (Kh As)
      MP3 shows a straight, jack high (Td 9d)

MP3 wins with a straight, jack high (Td 9d)

This is really low stakes 0.01/0.02 and I would expect to win this hand most times, however do i need to be more aggressive on the flop. Should I call all in on the turn or expect to be up against trips when this happens.
  • 1 reply