This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Heaven n Hell, what a load of bss

• gaz639
      gaz639
      Bronze
      Hi everyone,

Some of you here may know me from my previous blog, the long journey and gaz's sng journey, but before i did the sng's i played BSS SH. I played well at sng's and enjoyed them but missed bss, i kept ignoring it until 1 day when i had to withdraw some money fast from neteller (which wasn't fully validated so i couldn't just withdraw) so i decided to deposit onto partypoker and withdraw it to my bank account as they are the fastest i have experienced.

2 hours later i got an email saying i needed to make 11pp before i could withdraw, so because i needed the money taking off that day, i played nl10 BSS SH with 7 BI's. I really don't recommend this to anyone and i didn't want to do it. I got the 11pp in 2 hours with $20 profit to go with it.

Since then i really had the bss bug again so i withdrew my money from pokerstars, which isn't tracked, and deposited on pokerheaven.

I had bad experiences with pokerheaven but some great words of advise from SoyCD and Kenny made me want to give them a second chance, so i thought this deserves a new blog for a new beginning.

I am now going to play NL4 BSS FR on heaven so i get used to it again before considering the switch over to SH, i currently have just over €75.

Here are my goals for this week

Read all basic and bronze articles for NL, and UNDERSTAND them [DONE ]

Post all questionable hands the following day after each session [ ]

Don't rush in the deep end and play to the best of my ability and not make stupid moves, if i make 10 stupid moves in a session i will end the session, this will be reduced as time goes on, possibly weekly [ ]

Keep this blog upto date! [ ]

Goals for May

Get back upto silver status on pokerstrategy [ ]
      Find out if it is possible to reach €100 rake to get rakeback [ ]
      Read silver articles [ ]
      Watch 3 bronze and silver videos [ ]
  • 7 replies
    • gaz639
      gaz639
      Bronze
      played my first session, went quite well ended €8.70. I played very well i think, didn't make too many mistakes, had a very good card run in places though, had quad K's on one table then 1 minute later i had quad 8's on the other table. Went on tilt in 1 hand because of these 2 hands, i was feeling unbeatable and raised suited connector from button, bb called and i got 4 for the flush on flop, i bet he pushed and i called and missed, he flopped 2 pair. Other than that though i think i played well.

I will post some questionable hands i find tomorrow.

Session stats

NL $4
      hands played 130
      Amount won $1.36
      BB/100 13.08

NL€4
      Hands played 623
      Amount won $5.11
      BB/100 10.25

Overall

NL4
      Hands played 753
      Amount won $6.47
      BB/100 10.74

I am not sure of the accuracy of these with the tables being mixed $ and € and heaven lobby is in € and pokertracker is in $.

One of my tables ended up having 4.5BI's on, this table had by far the most action.

I won't post my VP$Ip stats yet because of the sample size, and it doesn't look good because i had lots of small pairs and suited connectors i could limp in early in the session which really lowered the PFR.

Bankroll stands at €84.54
      Fpp 18 (think some are missing, will follow up tomorrow)
      Bonus to clear €150
    • gaz639
      gaz639
      Bronze
      i just tried to post some hands but when i copy the HH from PT3 into weaktight it won't include my hole cards, and the pokerstrategy one isn't compatible, i tried copying the pokerheaven HH into weaktight but that isn't supported, are the any other good hand converters i can try? or should i post them through weektight ans type the hole cards at the top of the hand??
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      Hey Gaz,

Looks like a great start to the blog with some clear and attainable goals.

I'll definately be keeping an eye on this one matey ;)

Kind Regards,
      -Steve
    • gaz639
      gaz639
      Bronze
      cheers mate, i will make sure i stick to the goals this time and keep the blog upto date ,i let my last blog slip a little and ended up ignoring articles and just grinding rather than improving
    • kennyxx
      kennyxx
      Bronze
      Hi Gaz,

good luck at Pokerheaven :)

about hand converter, check this one. It converts all boss media hands into partypoker format. You can use any hand converter then. At least it works for me this way ;)

Since I don't have any handhistory of EUR tables right now, I can't tell You if it works with other currencies than USD, just try it...
    • gaz639
      gaz639
      Bronze
      thanks kenny i will take a look at it later, i just looked through most of my hands and made 2 mistakes, one was calling a raise without odds for FD, had 1.4:1 needed 2:1 and second was i limped 77 on CO then bet the flop and called a min-re-raise having missed the flop with 1 overcard, i should have let it go, instead i let it go on the turn
    • gaz639
      gaz639
      Bronze
      i played a short session last night, just 450 hands, then pokerheaven experienced problems and all their tables closed so that was it for the night. Had a good session, apart from 2 hands but i don't think i could get away from them, i had 96s in the BB and checked it to flop flush, had oesfd to, villai won with T3s, which he limped UTG.

The second hand i raised AKs after 3 limpers with AQx flop, opponent bet out then i said to kay he has AQ i bet, then i pushed him, he did have AQ and it cost me €2.50. I don't think i could fold there though,he could have easily had AJ or AT or even A6s+ with past hands i saw him with.

Anyway had a positive session despite those. Had one interesting thing though, one of my tables ended up heads up but he was a big fish i was playing so i stayed, i had €3 on the table (top up wouldn't work on that table) and left with €10, it woud have messed my bss stats up but it's only a small sample so it will disappear quickly and it was for the right reasons.

Hands 1377
      Amount won $9.37
      BB/100 8.51
      w$SD 57.38

I will go and evaluate my hands now (still having difficulty posting hands)