Stack
      Hero:
      $11.20
      MP1:
      $2.57
      MP2:
      $9.80

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with K:spade: , Q:diamond:
      3 folds, MP1 calls $0.10, MP2 calls $0.10, 4 folds, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0.35) 6:club: , K:diamond: , 5:club: (3 players)
      Hero bets $0.30, MP1 calls $0.30, MP2 raises to $0.60, Hero raises to $1.80, MP1 folds, MP2 calls $1.20.

Turn: ($4.25) 4:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $3.20, MP2 calls $3.20.

River: ($10.65) J:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 bets $4.70 (All-In), Hero calls ??.

Final Pot: $20.05

Just my first round in the higher limits, and don't have much in terms of reads or anything. I wanted to isolate on the flop, and the min raise didn't feel right. Felt he was on a flush or straight draw. Was it a good play to isolate on the flop in this position? Also, my play on the river I suspect as being weak as well, would a check call be the right play here?
  • 2 replies
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      Raise it preflop to push out some limpers.

Flop, hard decision. Either you believe he has a stronger hand than you and fold or you raise again to push out MP1's draw. MP2 is not overly aggressive (1.6 AF, 92 hand read is not a good sample yet) so we should probably fold here and wait for a better time.

As played turn would be a good time for some pot control. You dont want to stack off with TPGK vs opponent who is re-raising.

As played river after investing so much we should probably find a call here. The J :diamond: is unlikely to have completed any overplayed draws from MP2, so you are either looking at a busted flush / straight draw, completed straight draw, worse king (cant credit AK here), 2pair or sets. You are in front of enough of the expected range of an average player to find a call for 1/4 of the pot.

Vs this less-than-aggressive player though we are pretty sure to be beat.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello,

Flop: Nah, I don't like raising there, it's a freeplay and you only have a TP2K, I rather prefer to Call the minraise and reevaluate turn.

As played
      Turn: Going here for pot control, our hand ain't strong enough. Depending on the betsize I might even find a fold here.
      River: Nah, I don't really think that we beat there anything, just fold.

Best regards,
      Rensu