This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] KQo in BB; Flop top pr on drawy board

• STR82ACE
      STR82ACE
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $11.20
      MP1:
      $2.57
      MP2:
      $9.80

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with K:spade: , Q:diamond:
      3 folds, MP1 calls $0.10, MP2 calls $0.10, 4 folds, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0.35) 6:club: , K:diamond: , 5:club: (3 players)
      Hero bets $0.30, MP1 calls $0.30, MP2 raises to $0.60, Hero raises to $1.80, MP1 folds, MP2 calls $1.20.

Turn: ($4.25) 4:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $3.20, MP2 calls $3.20.

River: ($10.65) J:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 bets $4.70 (All-In), Hero calls ??.

Final Pot: $20.05

Just my first round in the higher limits, and don't have much in terms of reads or anything. I wanted to isolate on the flop, and the min raise didn't feel right. Felt he was on a flush or straight draw. Was it a good play to isolate on the flop in this position? Also, my play on the river I suspect as being weak as well, would a check call be the right play here?
  • 2 replies
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      Raise it preflop to push out some limpers.

Flop, hard decision. Either you believe he has a stronger hand than you and fold or you raise again to push out MP1's draw. MP2 is not overly aggressive (1.6 AF, 92 hand read is not a good sample yet) so we should probably fold here and wait for a better time.

As played turn would be a good time for some pot control. You dont want to stack off with TPGK vs opponent who is re-raising.

As played river after investing so much we should probably find a call here. The J :diamond: is unlikely to have completed any overplayed draws from MP2, so you are either looking at a busted flush / straight draw, completed straight draw, worse king (cant credit AK here), 2pair or sets. You are in front of enough of the expected range of an average player to find a call for 1/4 of the pot.

Vs this less-than-aggressive player though we are pretty sure to be beat.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello,

Flop: Nah, I don't like raising there, it's a freeplay and you only have a TP2K, I rather prefer to Call the minraise and reevaluate turn.

As played
      Turn: Going here for pot control, our hand ain't strong enough. Depending on the betsize I might even find a fold here.
      River: Nah, I don't really think that we beat there anything, just fold.

Best regards,
      Rensu