Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $15,55
      Hero:
      $4,98

0,02/0,04 No-Limit Hold'em (4 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.62 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with J:diamond: , J:club:
      CO folds, Hero raises to $0,20, SB raises to $0,35, BB folds, Hero calls $0,15.

Flop: ($0,75) 6:spade: , 6:diamond: , 2:diamond: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($0,75) J:spade: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0,50, SB folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back..

Final Pot: $0,75

preflop?
      flop? I didnt bet because I didnt' want to be c/r
      turn - I would bet any card when he checks to me again
  • 3 replies
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      PF: Calling is OK, 4betting and getting it in is OK too. You'll kind of have to decide for yourself how you want to play JJ in this situation, I know opinions differ.. I think calling is pretty good because if you hit a flop like this you might stack someone with TT, 99, 88, some other overpair. Seeing overcards sucks though, so it's a double-edged sword...

Flop: As I said ^ I'm looking to get it in, so I'll bet and be happy if he raises :) Also, you're still protecting against overcards.
    • Macias09
      Macias09
      Bronze
      You would easy go all in on this flop not being afraid of QQ KK AA? He has pretty low pfr even thoug its a small sample size..
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      Definately. Sample size is really small, I can play like 8/7 over so many hands over my usual 21/18 style. Also, it is a resteal situation, so you can expect him to 3bet a wide range here - of which your JJ is very much ahead. Don't rely on his stats so much before you get a decent sample :)

Also, why are you calling there preflop if you don't want to get it in with an overpair? It just doesn't make sense, especially since he could definately get it in with lower pockets, fd + overs, and so on.