This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] QQ, nl5 sh.

• Macias09
      Macias09
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $7,05
      CO:
      $4,02
      BU:
      $3,44

0,02/0,04 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.62 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q:spade: , Q:diamond:
      MP3 folds, CO raises to $0,15, BU calls $0,15, Hero raises to $0,70, BB folds, CO raises to $2,00, 2 folds, CO gets uncalled bet back..

Final Pot: $1,60

I know it not the best play to 3bet fold with QQ. Hes 3bet stats was 0/19 (I know he 4bet here but does 3bet stat applay to this situation?)

So should I just call after his raise if I don't want to broke preflop with him?
      What should I do on the flop when

1. overcard(s) drop(s) and he cbet
      2. no overcards drops and he cbet

what would be my plan for this hand in ech situation?
  • 4 replies
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      No, you don't want to call his 4bet, you want to go all in in. Come on, you have QQ against a non-fullstacked fish.. ship it already!!! Calling is bad because it gives AK a chance to get away on the flop, and you'll be going broke against KK and AA anyway so you accomplish nothing except losing value then.
    • Macias09
      Macias09
      Bronze
      I meant call his raise (instead of 3beting him)

He has only 9 pfr I think that when he 4bets me its so often a KK or AA :/
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      Ah. Well, calling would be an option if you thought you would almost certainly be HU to the flop, if he was a fullstack and if you had a bigger sample + a read that youve seen him shove several times and never shown anything other than KK and AA :tongue: . However, there is a coldcaller here, so you're not going HU, he is a midstack, so he is a fish, you don't have a big samplesize and QQ is the nutz :P Anything other than 3bet/shoving is a mistake here.
    • Michailewic
      Michailewic
      Bronze
      PRF 9 means 18 on CO or BU. It is easy shove with QQ. You might consider folding QQ against a nit from UTG in SH, but I hardly fold QQ at SH table. You have only 54 hands on him so 3-bet stats are absolutetly not reliable. Easy broke for me. Consider that some villains (especially nits) are sometimes capable of folding AK here (very stupid fold) which increases +EV of push.
      A call in my opinion is bad due to the following reasons:

a) Ace or King appears on the flop: you are done with your hand;
      b) nor Ace or King appears on the flop: you will not get any value from AK (except for c-bet which he might not make if he is a nit), and you will go broke against KK or AA. And if you do not want to go broke with QQ on such a flop, then you will not get required value.