Stack
      Hero:
      $7,05
      CO:
      $4,02
      BU:
      $3,44

0,02/0,04 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.62 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q:spade: , Q:diamond:
      MP3 folds, CO raises to $0,15, BU calls $0,15, Hero raises to $0,70, BB folds, CO raises to $2,00, 2 folds, CO gets uncalled bet back..

Final Pot: $1,60

I know it not the best play to 3bet fold with QQ. Hes 3bet stats was 0/19 (I know he 4bet here but does 3bet stat applay to this situation?)

So should I just call after his raise if I don't want to broke preflop with him?
      What should I do on the flop when

1. overcard(s) drop(s) and he cbet
      2. no overcards drops and he cbet

what would be my plan for this hand in ech situation?
  • 4 replies
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      No, you don't want to call his 4bet, you want to go all in in. Come on, you have QQ against a non-fullstacked fish.. ship it already!!! Calling is bad because it gives AK a chance to get away on the flop, and you'll be going broke against KK and AA anyway so you accomplish nothing except losing value then.
    • Macias09
      Macias09
      Bronze
      I meant call his raise (instead of 3beting him)

He has only 9 pfr I think that when he 4bets me its so often a KK or AA :/
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      Ah. Well, calling would be an option if you thought you would almost certainly be HU to the flop, if he was a fullstack and if you had a bigger sample + a read that youve seen him shove several times and never shown anything other than KK and AA :tongue: . However, there is a coldcaller here, so you're not going HU, he is a midstack, so he is a fish, you don't have a big samplesize and QQ is the nutz :P Anything other than 3bet/shoving is a mistake here.
    • Michailewic
      Michailewic
      Bronze
      PRF 9 means 18 on CO or BU. It is easy shove with QQ. You might consider folding QQ against a nit from UTG in SH, but I hardly fold QQ at SH table. You have only 54 hands on him so 3-bet stats are absolutetly not reliable. Easy broke for me. Consider that some villains (especially nits) are sometimes capable of folding AK here (very stupid fold) which increases +EV of push.
      A call in my opinion is bad due to the following reasons:

a) Ace or King appears on the flop: you are done with your hand;
      b) nor Ace or King appears on the flop: you will not get any value from AK (except for c-bet which he might not make if he is a nit), and you will go broke against KK or AA. And if you do not want to go broke with QQ on such a flop, then you will not get required value.