Stack
      MP2:
      $4,17
      CO:
      $4,12
      Hero:
      $5,83

0,02/0,04 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.62 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with A:diamond: , J:diamond:
      MP2 calls $0,05, MP3 folds, CO raises to $0,20, Hero raises to $0,75, 3 folds, CO calls $0,55.

Flop: ($1,62) 9:club: , 5:diamond: , 8:diamond: (2 players)
      CO checks, Hero bets $1,10, CO folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back..

Final Pot: $1,62

CO i very agresiv on the flop and he often take the pot on the flop. So according to this should I make my range tighter when playing with him? I mean how should I react to this read that he is agresiv on the flop?

as played and remembering that he is agresiv on the flop should I take free card or go broke if he c/r me?
  • 3 replies
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      I think it's pretty thin to 3bet for value with AJ even against this guy who seems to raise a lot. I doubt we're much ahead of his 3bet-calling range. Therefor, I just cold call preflop and play on from there.

As played:
      I'd bet and go broke with FD+overs against this guy for sure.
    • Macias09
      Macias09
      Bronze
      How much the situation change if we are oop on sb? would you also just cold call?

And the issue that boders me a lot: Is is better to 3bet a looser palyer or a tighter one, and why? I really try to make my preflop game better.
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      I would just call this on SB too because I think we have a big enough edge over him postflop to play it out of position, in addition to our hand being ahead of his open raising range.

When 3betting you need to ask yourself why you are 3betting. Are we 3betting this for value, or because we want our opponent to fold?
      - If youre playing against a looser opponent (calling 3bets loose) you can 3bet a bigger range for value, but you shouldn't 3bet as a bluff (resteal) to make him fold.
      - If youre playing against a tighter opponent you can 3bet more for fold equity only, but you need to start flat calling hands that you want to play against him but you don't think are ahead of his 3betcalling range.

Does it make sense?