Short stacked at high stakes?

• howard182
      howard182
      Bronze
      I noticed that the advanced bankroll management has a roadmap for short stacked play right up to NL1000; is any form of short stacked play really still viable at this level, or was this just careless extrapolation?
  • 4 replies
    • Axel80
      Axel80
      Bronze
      Hi Howard,

although I changes to playing bigstack as soon as possible, I know of other players in the german board who play the SSS with some modifications up to NL400 successfully.
      So I don't think it's just a careless extrapolation.

Regards
      Axel
    • Alaton
      Alaton
      Black
      I'm playing SSS on limits up to nl1k and its still working up there
      (with some adjustments of course)
      It is a strong strategy and easier to learn and play than Big Stack.
      As you move up in limits you need to improve your skills on blind stealing and other key-skills to stay profitable though.
    • mcnuggets
      mcnuggets
      Bronze
      I really appreciate the effort you guys have put into this site. What I miss, however, is also a clearer distinction between SSS and BSS. As I see it the intermediate strategy articles are more for BSS? What are the main differences between the strategies besides the obvious size of stacks? Should I change to the BSS or can the SSS be successfully be implemented on the higher stakes as well?
    • Alaton
      Alaton
      Black
      Originally posted by mcnuggets
      I really appreciate the effort you guys have put into this site. What I miss, however, is also a clearer distinction between SSS and BSS. As I see it the intermediate strategy articles are more for BSS? What are the main differences between the strategies besides the obvious size of stacks? Should I change to the BSS or can the SSS be successfully be implemented on the higher stakes as well?
      The intermediate strategy articles generally don't seperate between SSS and BSS because the concepts in there are not BSS-specific.
      They all apply to SSS also, but are of less interest for the SSS-player because as a shortstack you will encounter only very few of the situations spoken about.
      (This is why SSS is so much easier to learn and play)

Which way to play is your very own decision and depends on your style of play.
      Just try out both after a while and you will find your favorite.

Good Luck