This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Cake $1 Short-Stacked SNGs

• joooohn
      joooohn
      Bronze
      Hello,

Cannot decide how I feel about these. After 100 games I am on 0 profit! I know there are upswings and downswings but this is frustrating. I have a good run where I get a few wins but then I lose a lot too. I don't think I am necessarily playing wrong, just getting caught out by the kind of morons who donk you out on cash games n get lucky on the river.

Here is my strategy so far:

First few levels: Play premium hands, fold to almost any aggression unless I have the nuts.
      Mid levels: Slightly more aggressive with speculative hands, e.g. connectors, ace low kicker etc
      Last levels: If I'm chip leader raise every hand to steal the blinds and so that opponents can't tell if I've got a good hand or not.

Is there anything intrinsically wrong with this? Obviously chip count is a big factor and I play less hands in the middle levels if I'm not doing amazingly. I thought I was playing quite well but this is just frustrating!

Here is my graph:

Any advice would be useful, because along with cash games my initial $50 is starting to wither....
  • 3 replies