*** RIVER *** [Jh Td 9d 5s] [8s]
      funjubulus shows three of a kind, Nines
      1 1 8 1 1 shows a straight, Queen high
      1 1 8 1 1 wins the pot ($9.36) with a straight, Queen high
      funjubulus throws computer out of window
      *** SUMMARY ***
      Total pot $10.02 | Rake $0.66
      Board: [Jh Td 9d 5s 8s]
      Seat 1: Ifeartheflop didn't bet (folded)
      Seat 2: DIKAYA_KRYSA (button) didn't bet (folded)
      Seat 3: bbs13 (small blind) folded before the Flop
      Seat 4: funjubulus (big blind) showed [9c 9s] and lost with three of a kind, Nines
      Seat 5: ecencar didn't bet (folded)
      Seat 6: 1 1 8 1 1 showed [Jd Qc] and won ($9.36) with a straight, Queen high
      Seat 7: H2TheC didn't bet (folded)
      Seat 8: DYRDLE didn't bet (folded)
      Seat 9: santila didn't bet (folded)

I dont understand his raise on the turn. He's losing at that point so i expect him to check and then raise so i suspected he had maybe J A or something which is beat by me and he's trying to bluff me or puts me on a lower pair.
      Every single straight draw, set, AA,KK,QQ or JJ pockets for 4 days have failed me and i've lost about $70 (down from over $100).
      X( X( X( X( X( X(
  • 2 replies
    • MrMardyBum

Convert your hands please makes it easier for us to read them.

And there is a section for these kkind of posts, you can find it here.

Also, you might want to include any reads you have on this opponent, his VPIP, PFR etc... Or if you are not using tracking software, just how you think he is playing and what you think his range could of been before showdown. If you have no reads you should state that also :)

There are hand judges that will give you a detailed opinion on your hand there :) .

Now for the hand....

As he has raised a silly amount from UTG+2 I would either say this player is a complete donkey, is looking for a reraise, or is new to poker and unsure of raise amounts.... A minimum raise in my opinion always stinks.

It then gets folded to you, and you 3bet to 4BB's, if you are going to play 99 in this situation, your bet should be at least 3 x his bet so at the very least 30c or 6 BB's I personally would have raised to 40c or 8BB's, this would give you more of a clear read on what he could be holding, and unless we hit the set on the flop, we are not liking most boards that come down here. Plus, we are out of position....

Flop.... So you hit your set on an extremely drawy board and you are also OOP, your flop bet is okay, but at this point with such a drawy flop, I would be inclined to bet pot or maybe slightly over pot to eliminate the odds of his drawing hands then if he calls you are getting great value. Also, a check/raise could be played if we know he will will bet?

As played he called and that in my mind would show ping up weakness(without any reads) so I would put him on a draw here.

Turn.... Nice bet. and equity you have here is around 83 - 85% with an unknown opponent.... So I guess in the long term you played it okay, but your bets were to low imo. You should of had him investing a lot more money preflop and on the flop when we are almost certain we are ahead.

The bet he made stinks, it looks to me like a missed FD and/or SD, or someone that has got lost in the hand and doesn't know what to do. Good call.

The river drowned you, but, if you are going to play poker, I know it's hard but you will have to learn to accept this I'm afraid. It will happen more often than you would like it to.

Conclusion, re-evaluate some of your hands and make sure you are playing okay preflop, if you have more hands like this you need to adjust your preflop play.

Hope that helps a little bit,

Danny :)
    • funjubulus
      Thanks. I was thinking about my raises being too low. Good advice tho. Cheers.