This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL25 FR - QQ floped overpair

• KidPokersKid
      KidPokersKid
      Global
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      MP2:
      $47.41
      Hero:
      $40.34

0.1/0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with Q:spade: , Q:heart:
      2 folds, MP2 raises to $0.50, Hero raises to $1.85, 4 folds, MP2 calls $1.35.

Flop: ($4.05) 2:heart: , 6:club: , 5:heart: (2 players)
      MP2 checks, Hero bets $2.50, MP2 calls $2.50.

Turn: ($9.05) J:club: (2 players)
      MP2 bets $9.05, Hero raises to $35.99 (All-In), MP2 calls $26.94.

River: ($81.03) A:heart: (1 players)

Final Pot: $81.03

His donk on the turn Pot Size doesn't look like a set to me it looks like a bet to stop me from drawing, was this a mistake here?
  • 3 replies
    • nafar84
      nafar84
      Bronze
      Flop cbet is way too small. Otherwise nh. A set would most probably raise the flop so I think the turn shove is pretty standard.

His line is pretty weird... he could have KhJh or sometimes you see guys "slowplay" KK/AA or even a flopped set horribly like that, but in any case you have to go with your hand.
    • Atoks
      Atoks
      Bronze
      I'd raise preflop to at least 2$.
      As played CB flop at least 3.5$. Calling turn makes no sense as it in effect would give villain a free card, fold seems a bit weak on this board, shove therefore looks like the best option here.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello,

Flop: I would make the CBet a bit bigger to protect my hand, ~$3.50.
      Turn: As earlier mentioned that calling doesn't really make sense because we only give him a free card with that, we have to decided whether we push or just fold. In this situation our hand is kinda strong to just fold, therefore I decided to push. As you see his hand you can note him down with what he is doing such minraises preflop.

Best regards,
      Rensu