How many Strategy points to you earn per day?

• ShinShya
      ShinShya
      Bronze
      Couple questions first:

1) "Full Tilt Poker $1 Rake = 2 Strategy Points" Is this with me contributed to a raked pot or non contributed?

I am looking at the leader boards and they are soaring in points. It looks like I'd have to play 6 times as long as I am now (24 hours a day) and still will be only 1/4th of what the leader is currently.

2) What limit does the rake cap out at every hand, and how much is the rake cap (at full tilt poker)?

I play 12 tables about 4 hours a day @ .25/50 NL. I make average 150 SPs per day when I do this.

How many Tables/hours/limit do you play and how many points do you get?
  • 6 replies
    • STR82ACE
      STR82ACE
      Bronze
      I don't have NEAR that kind of time, I'm only able to play MAYBE 2 to 3 hrs a day, and no more than 4 tables at a time. No wonder I can't earn any bloody points!!! :evil:

I play mostly .02/.04 NL, just moving up to .05/.1 NL I honestly don't know how any one can play more than 4 or 5 tables at a time
    • bobdefete
      bobdefete
      Bronze
      Since im playing 1.2$ sng i dont get so much points a day :(
      This month i have an average of 5 Strategy Points per day.
      My biggest day so far is 20 SP.
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Hello ShinShya,

I believe the Full Tilt rake is dealt - so not contributed rake (the same on which your rakeback is based). As such the table rake divided by the amount of players in the hands.

Earning around 150 SP a day is actually not that little considering that holding such volume would put you at Platinum (the second highest non-permanent PS rank). The reason the highest players have so many points is that they are playing either extreme high amounts of volume or just very high stakes - where the rake is proportionally high. Many are playing playing 5/10 to 100/200 FL (or NL1k+ / SNGs of 109$+) which can bring them anywhere from 1,000 to 8,000+ StrategyPoints a day.

As you are still playing NL50 and the surrounding limits - I wouldn't pay to much heed to competing with them yet though. As long as you are Gold-Platinum you have access to the most important educational content - as well as the Hand Evaluation boards (which I would highly advise getting involved in: Hand posting guide)

If you concentrate on improving your game through articles, coachings and videos the points follow suit, as you move up in limits.

Your goal should be to improve further and further - so be sure to not spend too much time grinding - but also planning in time for studying and evaluating your game.

Most of the people dominating those leaderboards were highly active in hand evaluation and discussion on their path to the high stakes ;)

Best regards
      SoyCD
    • LuborC
      LuborC
      Bronze
      What leaderboard are you talking about? Pokerstrategy leaderboard or Full Tilt (do they even have one?)?
      In PS.com leaderboards there are players palying all limits so no wonder you cannot make as many points as someone playing NL1K or such.. And of course these players usually make a living from poker so obviously they have way more time to play than someone who has to go to work..

I usually make 64-128 points per day when I play. That makes around 30 points avarage per day. I play 6.50$ SNGs at Full Tilt.
    • luitzen
      luitzen
      Bronze
      At the moment I'm playing at PartyPoker and I'm 9-tabling NL10 with SSS. That means that I'm in fact always playing at around 7-8 tables. I always look out for speed tables and in this way I can play around 600 hands an hour, I think. When I have a free day (like today) I play a couple of hours and make quite an amount of strategy points. Yesterday I earned 65.2 strategy points, but today it will definitely be higher (at least 80 I think). Still waiting for them to be added, though. I'm obviously nowhere near the PokerStrategy leader board, but I hope to reach NL25 pretty soon so that I could earn PS points at an almost 4 times higher rate. I'm confident that one day my name can be found on the leader board.
    • ShinShya
      ShinShya
      Bronze
      @SoyCD
      Thanks a lot for putting in the work to give me such a detailed response. I appreciate the time you took out of your day to do so. :D I plan on keeping moving as I learn. I've been applying one concept at a time to my game, trying to get it mastered, then moving on the the next. Slowly but surely, I always say.

@luborc

I'm speaking of the leader boards here @ PS.com.

Thanks again for the replies!