This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH, set of kings, drawy board

• uuberpro
      uuberpro
      Diamond
      Known players:  
      Hero:
      $13.06
      CO:
      $12.97
      BU:
      $18.24

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K:heart: , K:club:
      Hero raises to $0.40, CO calls $0.40, BU calls $0.40, 2 folds.

Flop: ($1.35) 9:club: , T:heart: , J:spade: (3 players)
      Hero bets $1.00, CO calls $1.00, BU folds.

Turn: ($3.35) K:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks.

River: ($3.35) 7:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.00, CO calls $2.00.

Final Pot: $7.35

Q: How to play the turn&river?
      The turn is nice, but then again it is not nice (if the opponent had Qx). After CO checked on the turn, I bet for value on the river.
  • 2 replies
    • Mstlc
      Mstlc
      Bronze
      Flop: Pot bet!
      I realise it'll be hard to make the villain fold here if he's holding a queen for an OESD but actually, that's exactly the point. Make him pay for his draw...

Turn: I don't like the check there, you want to get information and you're not getting any like this. I make a small block bet there, around 50c in this case probably. If I get a heavy re-raise I have to fold my hand there. If he just flat calls you hope for the river card to pair up the board :)

River: Check/fold
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello,

Turn: You can play here Check/Call because Check/Fold is a way too weak here with so strong hand and in other way you really can't Bet/Call here, that would be a bit wasting of money because he could easily have the Q here also Bet/Fold would be a bit too weak, so Check/Call is the best line here.
      River: As he checked behind on turn it's fine to put a bet here but it's Bet/Fold.

Best regards,
      Rensu