This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] nl10 sh AK

• Janosikgdy
      Janosikgdy
      Bronze
      PokerStars, $0.05/0.10 Hold'em Cash Games, 4 Players
      Hand Converter by Pokerhand.org

Board:
      mohejo (BB): $10.20
      HERO (CO): $15.80
      piwi_18 (Button): $8.40
      lobbybobby (SB): $21.10

Dealt to HERO K:spade: A:diamond:

Pre-flop:
      HERO raises to $.40, piwi_18 calls $.40, lobbybobby raises to $1.80, (1 folds), HERO calls $1.40, (1 folds)

Flop: ($4.15) 9:spade: 4:diamond: 2:club: (2 Players)
      lobbybobby checks, HERO bets $2.30, lobbybobby raises to $19.30 and is all-in, (1 folds), lobbybobby returns $17

Results:
      lobbybobby wins $8.30

Can I play pf like that on a tagish player?

On the flop he checked, so I bet hoping that he would fold. Is this line ok against him? How should I deal with that flop? And If i would check behind, how to play it on turn?

villian

19/11/3 wts 28/ total 3bet 9/ hans 79
  • 2 replies
    • Mstlc
      Mstlc
      Bronze
      Standard play I would say...

Villian is most likely just playing Aces or Kings, maybe Queens. He kind of overraised pre-flop which is often an indication for a very strong hand on 10NL... especially if it's a TAG player like you say.

I might choose to check behind on the flop here sometimes because I lost the initiate here when the villain 3bet me pre-flop... but c-betting is probably the best play here.
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      Nh, well played. You're a bit too deep to shove AK here, so calling in position is fine. On the flop there's not really much sense in checking behind, I'd bet aswell. Make a note that he c/raises such a board as pfagg in a 3bet pot.