difference between 0.25/0.50 and 0.50/1

• straddler71
      straddler71
      Global
      Is there a big difference between these two levels?

I play on mansion and am a bit new to the sh game. So far I have only about 3300 hands in sh play at 0.10/0.20 and 0.25/0.50. Pretty good winrate at 15.8 bb/100.

Thanks for the replies.

Matt.
  • 7 replies
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      G'day Matt

I wouldn't be overly optimistic about maintaining a 16BB/100 winrate (which is epic!). There won't be a massive difference (at least imo) between the two levels. Just be aware each time you move up you are less likely to win big pots from folks playing ATCs at you, and there are more LAG/TAG players around. Oh, and there may be a dude "Waiboy4Life" on your tables soon... get position on him and watch the moniez flow... :f_confused:

I've always found .50/1 pretty comfortable, but then I have never played .25/.50 SH so I can't directly compare the two.

Just play solid poker mate and I'm sure you'll storm it. :f_cool:
    • redskwerl
      redskwerl
      Black
      there probably isn't a huge difference between the stakes, but definitely do not move up just because you currently run like god :)
      swings in terms of $ amounts will be at least doubled, so just take it easy if you have a problem with tilt
      also, don't forget about BRM
    • straddler71
      straddler71
      Global
      @Waiboy

I know I won't be able to maintain that high of a winrate at the higher level, as long as Im still making money its all good. Get position on him and watch the monies flow. All right then. Haha.

@redskwerl

Not considering moving up just because I ran good after a couple of thousand hands. I don't really tilt that much. Today I lost pocket kings to king four offsuit. It was like whatever, didn't think twice about it and moved on to the next hand.

Think Im going to give the higher limit a go one of these days. I'll wait till waiboy moves down to that limit and can get his money. Hehheh. Just kidding waiboy.
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Originally posted by straddler71
      @Waiboy

I know I won't be able to maintain that high of a winrate at the higher level, as long as Im still making money its all good. Get position on him and watch the monies flow. All right then. Haha.

@redskwerl

Not considering moving up just because I ran good after a couple of thousand hands. I don't really tilt that much. Today I lost pocket kings to king four offsuit. It was like whatever, didn't think twice about it and moved on to the next hand.

Think Im going to give the higher limit a go one of these days. I'll wait till waiboy moves down to that limit and can get his money. Hehheh. Just kidding waiboy.
      trust me, you won't be able to maintain 8BB/100 over 50k hands on any limit ;) . I've had 20BB/100 over first 2k hands of 0.5/1 on stars, now after 10k hands on that limit I have like 2BB/100 which makes more sense :) .

anyways 0.5/1 on stars is quite easy, at least on stars, there are tons of calling stations and it's easily beatable. 1/2 and 2/4 are the real trouble makers when tables become full of LAGs and TAGs... but by tracking down the fish and having read all the gold articles, they're beatable too :) . good luck with your new limit!
    • sliggy
      sliggy
      Bronze
      edit: me stupid
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Originally posted by sliggy
      u can take a shot but give yourself a limit. if you run great and double up then great! if you lose like 3 bi then move back down asap. just gotta decide whether taking a 3 bi shot is worth it.

as for nl50 and nl100... not much difference lol. a winning player at nl50 will win at nl100, just have to make sure you're rolled.
      I'm sorry but there's no such thing as doubling up and BIs in FL...
    • sliggy
      sliggy
      Bronze
      Oh shit didn't even see the forum. Was replying to the "Latest Threads" column lol.

My bad :O