Playing LAG on low stakes (SH-NL25/50)

• KidPokersKid
      KidPokersKid
      Global
      kinda a stupid question :s_evil:

Does this work well, I seem to find that I still don't get the action that I want even though I have showed-down bluffs. THe only players who start to get aggresive are other good players (ie. Tags) and in my experiences they usually just start 3betting lighter and fold to a 4bet. Should I focus on playing a good solid TAG strategy and wait for a LAG strategy until NL100 or something.
  • 4 replies
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      You cant bluff a station, and there are an aweful lot of stations sitting on low limits...

Add in that a weak-tag responds to LAG by turning into a nit-sherriff and its probably not a strong play.

I think LAG combined with good gear-shifting is more to break strong TAGs on higher limits. Show too much aggression with a mediocre hand then gear shift and get value for a monster. Only a strong TAG is going to be adjusting to you in a way as to make that possible.
    • Berzerger
      Berzerger
      Bronze
      People on microlimits are simply not observant enough to differentiate between styles their opponents have. They just play cards and hope to win. Very few put you on ranges, even less use stats. It just doesn't pay to give up TAG style against an average loose-passive microlimit player.
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      If you are multi tabling I suggest to play tag style. If you play just a few tables you can play lag, but don't play everything and only the hand. Play the opponent, position, his range and your image. Don't bluff a station, don't move a maniac. Choose your spots.

best regards,
      tribunCaesar
    • sliggy
      sliggy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Berzerger
      People on microlimits are simply not observant enough to differentiate between styles their opponents have. They just play cards and hope to win. Very few put you on ranges, even less use stats. It just doesn't pay to give up TAG style against an average loose-passive microlimit player.