[NL2-NL10] KK - Good/bad check/bet? && 7's, - goodplay?

• DecMate
      DecMate
      Bronze
      Known players: 
      SB:
      $5.01
      Hero:
      $3.09
      MP3:
      $2.26
      CO:
      $4.42

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with K:diamond: , K:spade:
      MP3 calls $0.02, CO calls $0.02, BU folds, SB calls $0.01, Hero raises to $0.08, MP3 calls $0.06, 2 folds.

Flop: ($0.20) Q:club: , Q:spade: , 2:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.17, MP3 raises to $0.34, Hero calls $0.17.

Turn: ($0.88) 6:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 checks.

River: ($0.88) 3:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.66, MP3 calls $0.66.

Final Pot: $2.20

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows two pairs, kings and queens (Kd Ks)
      MP3 shows three of a kind, queens (Jc Qh)

MP3 wins with three of a kind, queens (Jc Qh)

I didn't think he would re-raise with trips.
      I wanted to see what he would do when i check it too him, after he checked behind i was thinking he was on a flush draw.
      Was the check bad on the turn? Looking at it now i think i should have checked the river.
      =( dumb KK!

Hand 2

Was this good play? i feel like i played well.

Known players:  
      Hero:
      $4.50
      CO:
      $3.96
      BU:
      $5.56

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with 7:club: , 7:spade:
      MP3 folds, CO calls $0.02, BU raises to $0.06, Hero calls $0.05, 2 folds.

Flop: ($0.16) 2:club: , Q:heart: , 2:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.15, BU raises to $0.40, Hero raises to $0.65, BU calls $0.25.

Turn: ($1.46) T:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.77, BU folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $1.46

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows two pairs, sevens and deuces (7c 7s)

Hero wins with two pairs, sevens and deuces (7c 7s)

(:
  • 3 replies
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      Hand 1 -

preflop - raise a little more. Standard raise is 4BB + 1BB per limper, here you should raise to 7 BB, perhaps even 8 BB for being OOP.

Post flop - probably calling that minraise then playing check-fold turn. On the river if it had been a blank perhaps check-call, so long as the bet wasnt too large. Since the river is a club, check-fold. Its too likely we are beaten here.

Hand 2 -

Preflop fine

Flop - donk is fine to find out where you stand. You clearly dont believe BU had a queen. You cannot easily represent a 2 unless you are fishy-loose 70 VPIP, so if he has a queen he is going all in with you here.

Personally I am folding to BU's raise. I bet in this situation to ask if my PP is still good; if villain decides to cbet-raise with air then I get bluffed out of the pot and so be it.

Your flop re-raise had no fold equity though. You should not minraise as it very nearly gives villain with AK odds to call here just to draw at overcards. Raise properly to ~$1.20 if you want to play strong here.

Half pot on the turn... no way you pushed villain off a Q with that. Villain had AK or similar for sure. If you were trying to push villain off TP you needed to shove here.
    • Mstlc
      Mstlc
      Bronze
      In my personal opinion you should always raise at least 5BB's preflop on 2NL. Even without limpers. In this case just make it 7-8BB's (~15c) pre-flop.

On the river I would probably just check/call cause villain almost always has Qx there.
      Alternatively you could lead out on the river like you did but make your bet somewhat smaller, 75% pot bet when you're only gonna get called by hands that beat you doesn't really make sense.

Hand 2:
      I dunno what to think about that really... I just cannot believe villain folds a Queen there... only a really huge fish would fold there cause he's scared you have a 2 there.

BUT: Don't 3-bet the flop imo. I would flat call there & just lead the turn out again. If you do want to 3-bet on the flop, I don't really like that min-re-raise...
    • Michailewic
      Michailewic
      Bronze
      1st hand:

Raise to $0,13 preflop.

Flop: bet less on the turn ($0,15) and call a minraise
      Turn: Sometimes I would bet, sometimes I would c/c. I prefer betting here($0,60), because of flushd draw possible and his wierd minraise.
      River: As played, c/c a reasonable bet.

2nd hand:

Preflop: calling or 3-betting is fine.
      Flop: either c/r or c/c. bet/raise is not good since you are isolating yourself (and betting pot is not good, either). I like c/c and donking any turn.