Anyone playing SSS short handed??

• 11 replies
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      Hate short handed games myself, but Dadude has been playing SSS SH for a while his blog is here if you are interested. Dadude's SSS SH Blog

BTW Dadude, for promoting your blog I want 5% of any profit you make this month! (Including rakeback, bonuses and MTT cashes) :P
    • Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      Don't try it. Play BSS. Be a man. Do the right thing.
    • AussieIan
      AussieIan
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MrMardyBum
      Hate short handed games myself, but Dadude has been playing SSS SH for a while his blog is here if you are interested. Dadude's SSS SH Blog

BTW Dadude, for promoting your blog I want 5% of any profit you make this month! (Including rakeback, bonuses and MTT cashes) :P
      Thanks for that, i'll check it out.

Originally posted by Dragar
      LOL.....I do want to move to BSS, but need to build my bankroll in the meantime. So it's SSS for now, then on to plenty on reading and learning for BSS.
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      Not the attitude.... Imo.... :P .... I think you should go look in the mirror and recite the following "I will not try making SSS players play BSS because I can't play against them and they always outplay me and I will not EVER piss on an electric fence"

Seriously though, SSS is a good way to build up your bankroll, and clear bonuses and promotions. :)
    • Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MrMardyBum
      Not the attitude.... Imo.... :P .... I think you should go look in the mirror and recite the following "I will not try making SSS players play BSS because I can't play against them and they always outplay me and I will not EVER piss on an electric fence"

Uhm yeah the last time a SSS player outplayed me....... hmmm.... yeah can't remember.

FR I know their hand range, so its easy to adjust.
      SH I know they "try" to adjust to my stats, so I adjust back to them.

$0.1/$0.2 No Limit Holdem
      6 players
      Converted at weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG Hero ($20.56)
      UTG+1 limingoodbet ($3.68)
      CO MasterD77 ($20.67)
      BTN 7206676 ($20.21)
      SB Reservezi ($22.46)
      BB pach83 ($6.59)

Pre-flop: ($0.30, 6 players) Hero is UTG 8:club: 8:diamond:
      Hero raises to $0.80, limingoodbet raises to $3.68, 4 folds, Hero calls $2.88

Flop: 2:club: Q:club: K:club: ($7.66, 2 players)

Turn: 4:spade: ($7.66, 2 players)

River: 4:heart: ($7.66, 2 players)

Final Pot: $7.66
      limingoodbet shows: 7:heart: 7:club:

Hero wins $7.28 ( won +$3.60 )
      limingoodbet lost -$3.68

Yeah... I know that he knows, that I am supposed to fold medium pps.. because he is representing a short stack pushing "premium" hands, although I know he is just stealing.

I would fold that pp to a standard raise by a full stack.... but shorties, no need. Especially reg shorties.

But k by all means, due play SSS on SH.
    • AussieIan
      AussieIan
      Bronze
      actually, that was just a short stack, not a sss player...if it was their shove is with JJ+, AK.......and you lose
    • Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by AussieIan
      actually, that was just a short stack, not a sss player...if it was their shove is with JJ+, AK.......and you lose
      Wrong.. this is SH, their range is different. That was a SSS player trying to create FE vs my UTG raise range. He plays a lot short stacked. He is not some random guy.
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      Meh, I can play both, simple fact is, more people think like you that play BS and that's the people we love at the tables ;)
    • WildBeans
      WildBeans
      Bronze
      Wrong.. this is SH, their range is different. That was a SSS player trying to create FE vs my UTG raise range. He plays a lot short stacked. He is not some random guy.
      In my opinion that call was not very good, you have to think about his range, not the vague possibility of his having 77 this time. And I'm pretty sure you were seriously -EV, unless you can really tell me you think he would push with 77+, A7o+ and A2s+, or if he didn't push with all those aces, then he'd have to push with 22, and 33. I'm certainly not convinced.
    • Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by WildBeans
      In my opinion that call was not very good, you have to think about his range, not the vague possibility of his having 77 this time. And I'm pretty sure you were seriously -EV, unless you can really tell me you think he would push with 77+, A7o+ and A2s+, or if he didn't push with all those aces, then he'd have to push with 22, and 33. I'm certainly not convinced.
      He will push with any two face cards, etc. etc. Its like 50/50... can't let them bully me around. I did not say its +EV... its roughly break even. But if I don't call he will just shove over me whenever I try to steal blinds etc.. Don't like that.
    • WildBeans
      WildBeans
      Bronze
      Originally posted by WildBeans
      He will push with any two face cards, etc. etc. Its like 50/50... can't let them bully me around. I did not say its +EV... its roughly break even. But if I don't call he will just shove over me whenever I try to steal blinds etc.. Don't like that.
      Oh I get it, you try and double him up so that he leaves the table. Makes sense. Probably good tactic against shortstackers.