[NL2-NL10] SSS 0.05/0.10 was this right (call then fold)

• vickywood
      Hi again,
      thanks for the advice, I am really enjoying analysing my game!
      Anyhow I was big blind as you can see. My pot odds (6:1) after the flop were slightly more than the win odds (5:1 gutshot to the turn) so I called the bet. But on the turn my odds increased to 11:1 making it a check fold situation because of the poor pot odds. Is this right, I just want to be sure I am making good decisions!

Hand 2 is another one where I am not sure I played correctly, Please have a look.

Because of 2 callers I did not make a continuation bet especially as an A came on the flop, then when a K came on the turn I thought it was a clear shove? I must admit the possible flush did not even occur to me, something I need to address.
      Anyway thanks in advance for taking the time to judge this hand guys.

Hand 1

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)

Known players:

Preflop: Hero is BB with 4, A.
      MP1 folds, MP2 calls $0.10, MP3 calls $0.10, 3 folds, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0.35) J, 2, 5 (3 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 bets $0.10, MP3 calls $0.10, Hero calls $0.10.

Turn: ($0.65) K (3 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 checks, MP3 bets $0.31, Hero folds, MP2 calls $0.31.

River: ($1.27) T (2 players)
      MP2 checks, MP3 bets $0.60, MP2 folds, MP3 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $1.27.

Hand 2

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:

Preflop: Hero is SB with K, K.
      2 folds, MP2 calls $0.10, 3 folds, Hero raises to $0.4, BB calls $0.30, MP2 calls $0.30.

Flop: ($1.20) 3, 4, A (3 players)
      Hero checks, BB checks, MP2 checks.

Turn: ($1.20) K (3 players)
      Hero raises to $1.54(All-In), BB calls $1.54, MP2 folds.

River: ($4.28) 5 (2 players)

Final Pot: $4.28.
  • 1 reply
    • burek2000

Actually you need 11:1 odds to call GS to next street. Your hand is close, because you get 5.5:1 and if you get some more money from the implied odds then your call is justified, but such decisions are not necessary on micro limits and can easily lead to -EV spots due to inexperience and you can get enough value in better spots. So, I would just fold flop.

# 2

Raise 5BB preflop or you could even add another 1BB for playing out of position, maybe you should try both options and see what suits you better.

According to strategy you should play your draws aggressively when you are the preflop aggressor, so I would just push flop as you have 2 outs for a set and 9 outs to nutflush and quite a lot FE.

As played, it's easy shove on the turn. Even against made flush you have tons of outs(full house, nutflush, quads) and most of the time you are way ahead anyway.