Just saying hello

• banjo7
      banjo7
      Basic
      How are you all doing? Just like to say how nice it is to be here and looking forward to my $50 which will be going on Titan Poker.

I started playing poker 2 years ago and for the first year I tried all sorts of strategies and even a little madness. My bankroll was up and down (mainly down) like a yo-yo.

I made the mistake of reading Doyle Brunsons Power Poker and thinking I could take on anyone with any small suited connector, how wrong I was. I started playing like a maniac and threw a party at every table I sat at.

I took a break for about 6 months and then started to get back into it, but this time I stopped the craziness and really started to read up on things and watched all I could on youtube and other sites.

Then I bought my second poker book, The Theory of Poker by David Sklansky. Now this really opened my eyes and got me thinking about pot odds, implied odds and all this sort of thing.

I decided to do something about the $7 I had left at Pacific Poker and grinded it out for hours a day to get it up to a respectable $80. My fiance wanted to have a go at online poker so by inviting her to join Pacific I claimed a $50 bonus. This allowed me to take a couple of shots on a 10c/20c table and I doubled up a couple of times.

I now had around $180 so I thought it was time to take advantage of some of the first deposit offers that sites offer. I opened accounts at Party Poker and PKR. I have 6 months to earn enough points to clear the 100% bonus at Party Poker and 3 months at PKR. I am currently concentrating on the PKR account and I am ammassing points quite quickly, so the bonus shouldnt take long. Whilst I am playing for points I am also continuing to increase the bankroll.

Thats how I stumbled across this site, looking for bonuses.
  • 2 replies
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Hello Banjo7 and welcome to the pokerstrategy.com!

It is nice to hear and quite impressive as well that you have managed to build a $180 bankroll out of only $7!

I think that buying and reading the sklansky's book has brought you quite a lot of important mathematical poker knowledge, and it does not surprise me that you have improved your game by a lot :) .

I hope that you will find the pokerstrategy.com articles, videos and coachings useful in improving your game and that you will soon integrate yourself into the community, I suggest making a poker blog too so you get to meet new people faster and share your successes with us :) .

Enjoy your stay here!

Regards,

Primzi
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      Hello banjo7,

Congratulations on passing the test and welcome to PokerStrategy.

I would recommend checking out the articles, the videos and the public coachings as these resources will all help you to become a better player and improve your knowledge.

If there are any hands that you are not sure if they were played correctly then you can post them in the No Limit, Fixed Limit or SNG/Tournament area for advice from our hand judges

I would also recommend you to check out the PS downloads area as there are some excellant tools there that will also help to improve your game as well.

Kind Regards,
      -Steve