[NL20-NL50] Villian Has Same Hand, Can You Guess It?

• Verre
      Verre
      Bronze
      These two hands happened at the exact same time on two different tables. The Villian turned over the same hand on both tables. Can you guess what he had and did you think my play was right?

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      UTG:
      $18.71
      Hero:
      $49.62

0.1/0.2 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with A:club: , K:heart:
      UTG raises to $1.00, 6 folds, Hero calls $1.00, 2 folds.

Flop: ($2.30) 7:club: , 9:spade: , Q:diamond: (2 players)
      UTG checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($2.30) A:heart: (2 players)
      UTG checks, Hero bets $0.60, UTG calls $0.60.

River: ($3.50) K:club: (2 players)
      UTG bets $1.80, Hero calls $1.80.

Final Pot: $7.10

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $27.35
      BB:
      $3.02

0.1/0.2 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with A:diamond: , T:spade:
      8 folds, Hero raises to $0.60, BB calls $0.40.

Flop: ($1.20) 2:heart: , 2:diamond: , A:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.60, BB calls $0.60.

Turn: ($2.40) K:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.40, BB raises to $1.82 (All-In), Hero calls $0.42.

River: ($6.04) 3:diamond: (1 players)

Good Luck and thanks for the input.
  • 9 replies
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      I can only think you posted these because you lost or drew so I am going to guess AK.

First hand play is fine except the turn bet should be larger (~$2). You can 3bet preflop here or you can flat it from position, either is fine.

Second hand play is fine except the PFR should be 4BB standard to maximise fold equity.
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Verre, you should post yesterdays hand where you lost nearly a full stack instead of these hands lol
    • sliggy
      sliggy
      Bronze
      i'm no expert at fullring, but im gonna say (just for fun):

......snare roll

pocket tens.
    • Verre
      Verre
      Bronze
      Lol Brood, Thanks for reminding me.

I played horrible for the second half of yesterday. Early on in the day I was +$47. The second half of the day I was -$19 over like 200 hands and turned off my comp for the night.

I dont remember seeing you brood but I often look for "TheBrood" although i dont think thats your name.

As a matter of fact I cant remember the exact hand I lost near a full stack, unless your talking about the 99 vs 10 10 hand with one overcard on the flop :evil:

Both of these players where holding KK. The reason I posted both of these hands was because I just scratched my head. Usually I can put players on a decent range of hand but didn't put them on KK.

Edit: Oh yeah I finished the Day up $28 so it wasn't all bad. I could just tell I wasn't playing good in my second session. Losing that kinda coin over 200 hands pointed that out to me very quickly.
    • sliggy
      sliggy
      Bronze
      OMG R U SERIOUS my original post said pocket kings before I edited it... I thought there's no way player 1 would just call river with kings.

WTFOMGG

admin please verify my original post said pocket kings lolol

first instincts baby. follow 'em always.
    • Verre
      Verre
      Bronze
      I'll tell you now what I put these guys on.

The first hand I put the guy on a mid/high ace. He was semi loose and usually called preflop, but raised when he was the first one in. I figured he didn't know what position was since for the most part the only time he did raise was from early position.

With the check on the flop it justified my thought, and with the call on the turn I was convinced. The King on the river was what I thought to be a good card for me. I never put him on JT and if he did have AQ/AJ/A9 I had this hand wrapped up. When he reraised I figured he might even have AK.

The second hand was the bigger head scratcher. The guy refused to fold his BB. As you can see he hadn't folded one yet. With just a call I put him on a weak hand. The raise on the flop I was expecting to have him fold to me but I got a call. He may have a 2? Probubly not. The turn comes K and I fire again even though I am wondering if he has a flush. I get reraised all in for 42 cents and have to call. GG this just happened on another table and I decide to post both in hand forums.

@TheBrood. Man I'm trying to think of the hand your talking about. I hope it was the 99vsTT because I know I played that horrible. Sweet Session?
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Verre
      I'll tell you now what I put these guys on.

The first hand I put the guy on a mid/high ace. He was semi loose and usually called preflop, but raised when he was the first one in. I figured he didn't know what position was since for the most part the only time he did raise was from early position.

With the check on the flop it justified my thought, and with the call on the turn I was convinced. The King on the river was what I thought to be a good card for me. I never put him on JT and if he did have AQ/AJ/A9 I had this hand wrapped up. When he reraised I figured he might even have AK.

The second hand was the bigger head scratcher. The guy refused to fold his BB. As you can see he hadn't folded one yet. With just a call I put him on a weak hand. The raise on the flop I was expecting to have him fold to me but I got a call. He may have a 2? Probubly not. The turn comes K and I fire again even though I am wondering if he has a flush. I get reraised all in for 42 cents and have to call. GG this just happened on another table and I decide to post both in hand forums.

@TheBrood. Man I'm trying to think of the hand your talking about. I hope it was the 99vsTT because I know I played that horrible. Sweet Session?
      Yes, the 99 vs TT. Horrible call on river man

I wouldnt let this couple of hands bother you since 1st guy could have stacked you, and 2nd guy was a shortie.
    • Verre
      Verre
      Bronze
      Yeah man, was a HORRID call.

Thanks for pointing it out, nice to have someone tell me like it is. I didn't post it because I knew I didn't play well. It was almost a tired tilt and I shut down all tables right after that.

TBH I put him on AK~AJ which is no excuse for playing that bad. Overall its a learning experience as to how bad tired tilt can hurt in NL. See you at the tables (well you'll see me, I have no idea who you are :s_biggrin: )
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello,

Originally posted by Jaissica
      I can only think you posted these because you lost or drew so I am going to guess AK.

First hand play is fine except the turn bet should be larger (~$2). You can 3bet preflop here or you can flat it from position, either is fine.

Second hand play is fine except the PFR should be 4BB standard to maximise fold equity.
      +1, depending on your style it's fine to raise 3BB preflop with your steal.

Best regards,
      Rensu