Downloading Articles !

• TimoDee
      TimoDee
      Bronze
      Hi guys! Is there anyway you can download the articles onto your computer for future reference ? For example if you're gold now, and your "goldness" expires, and you still wanna look at the gold articles.

Any help much appreciated :)
  • 7 replies
    • extpan
      extpan
      Bronze
      copy/paste is your best friend:) ....and then customize it in word and export as pdf and you have nice collection to read when you need it....

PS-don't break ruls of pokerstrategy !!! :D
    • VirtuaGod
      VirtuaGod
      Bronze
      I don't think they have that function!! You can always copy past in a .doc and make a nice.pdf out of it ;)
    • Ejeckt
      Ejeckt
      Bronze
      There is a firefox plugin that can allow you to easily create documents for printing.

However, I got all the articles saved on my computer by using Meta Creations Offline Explorer Enterprise v5. Well, not all the articles... just the ones I had access to to begin with. You could just browse all the websites articles and the programs advanced cache would just store everything for later offline access. Or you could just tell it to download everything within the /strategy/ part of the website. I dunno if this is against the rules, though. If it isn't, and you use it, make sure you don't let it follow links outside the original path, because then you'll be downloading the whole internet to your computer, as the program can follow all links and download those sites too :P
    • TimoDee
      TimoDee
      Bronze
      I didn't know and wouldn't have thought it's against the rules to do this, because I'm only accessing the articles I've had access to before.

But I would like confirmation off someone higher up before I do anything, cos I don't wanna break any rules.
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Hello TimoDee,

We don't actively 'support' the download of articles for later reference (except in the lower limits where we sometimes have them in PDF format) but as long as you only use them for personal use - don't do anything against it.

The only thing that we have problems with is sharing them. Yet as long as you are just printing them out for your personal use - there is nothing wrong with it.

We provide enough new content (as in new & revised articles and videos) to make it worthwhile to return to gold status later ;)

Best regards
      SoyCD
    • degre
      degre
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TimoDee
      Hi guys! Is there anyway you can download the articles onto your computer for future reference ? For example if you're gold now, and your "goldness" expires, and you still wanna look at the gold articles.

Any help much appreciated :)
      You can save the whole thing as a webpage.

Personally I prefer printing, this way I can write down notes of my own and read the articles in a more relaxed way on my comfy chair with a good coffee :f_pleased:
    • TimoDee
      TimoDee
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SoyCD
      Hello TimoDee,

We don't actively 'support' the download of articles for later reference (except in the lower limits where we sometimes have them in PDF format) but as long as you only use them for personal use - don't do anything against it.

The only thing that we have problems with is sharing them. Yet as long as you are just printing them out for your personal use - there is nothing wrong with it.

We provide enough new content (as in new & revised articles and videos) to make it worthwhile to return to gold status later ;)

Best regards
      SoyCD
      Thanks SoyCD, yeah I understand that, and quite honestly I've got nobody to share it with. And yeah like degre said I much prefer to print them and then read them as opposed to reading the articles on screen.

Thanks for your reply