Regarding ICM and Hand Ranges,...

• REmmell
      Regarding ICM and Hand Ranges,...

Im having a hardtime figuring out this aspect of my game so Im posting these (my own) figures to try to help it make sense to me.

After reading the strategy article on how to interpret opponent hand ranges I figured out that these are my own stats and I want to know if Im pushing and calling in the right ranges or if I need to loosen or tighten my pushing and calling selections.

@Fulltilt - Calling range % = 25.45
      @Mansion - Calling range % = 33.72
      @Fulltilt - Pushing range % = 25.17
      @Mansion - Pushing range % = 30.99

I got these averages by adding VPIP + Def blinds for calling range and PFR + ATT Steal percentages for pushing range. I hope I have the right idea.

Can someone shed some more light on these calculations please. I really want to understand this aspect of my game as its about the only thing Im really lacking in my opinion.

Thanks in advance

• 1 reply
    • Tim64
      Hi REmmell,

I may be misleading you but I'm not sure it makes sense to think about hand range averages in this way.

Your push/fold/call range depends very much on you chip stack and those of your opponents for tournament play. I don't think you can just say: "I should always push with x handrange or call with y range"

I presume you've downloaded the ICM trainer and used it to practice common push/fold scenarios?

If so, maybe post some hands on the SNG forum for some cases where you weren't sure what to do and see what responses you get

best of luck,