[NL2-NL10] JJ in BB 6man Max

• STR82ACE
      STR82ACE
      Bronze
      Is there any other way to play this hand?

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $5.02
      Hero:
      $5.49
      BU:
      $8.45

0.02/0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with J:spade: , J:heart:
      2 folds, BU raises to $0.16, SB raises to $0.52, Hero raises to $0.88, BU folds, SB raises to $5.02 (All-In), Hero calls $4.14.

Flop: ($10.20) 5:diamond: , 4:diamond: , 2:spade:
      Turn: ($10.20) K:diamond:
      River: ($10.20) 9:spade: (1 players)

Final Pot: $10.20

I was so focused on the hand, I neglected to review my stats on my opponent. I doubt I would have done anything different though, but I'm wondering if that is mistake? My min raise was a misclick.
  • 3 replies
    • Haficek77
      Haficek77
      Bronze
      You should always care about stats, you should folded after their raise to 5.02
    • STR82ACE
      STR82ACE
      Bronze
      I don't have the full Elephant license yet, so all I see while playing is the coloured bars and number of hands. I only see stats during reviews, but I have played a lot of hands against this opponent and yes he is super tight.

Still, folding JJ in the BB in a 6 handed game? My read would have to be bordering on psychic to do that at my level. Just remember, this is only a .02/.04 game, and there's a lot of crazy stuff happening at this level.
    • Michailewic
      Michailewic
      Bronze
      Minraise preflop is bad. SB seems to be agreesive but what are his 3-bet stats (does he resteal a lot)? Given the fact that BU is stealing a lot and SB is agressive (and might resteal a lot), you can 4-bet. But raise to $1,3 (or to $1,5). One you 4-bet, you cannot fold.

I think that it is close to go 4-bet/all-in with JJ in this spot and if to do so, I want to know that also SB resteals a lot.

Otherwise, I would just call 3-bet and shit it in on the flop you hit.