Questions before opening a new FT account

• majumbo
      majumbo
      Basic
      Hi,

My questions come from this link: http://www.pokerstrategy.com/quiz/platform/4

On step 9 of the above webpage, it is stated and I quote,
      ''Once you've received your $50 in starting capital you can earn another $50 in bonus money by earning Full Tilt Points.

You can see your current bonus status in the "Cashier" window. Bonus money is paid in $5 increments. This offer expires 120 days after you receive your starting capital. ''

So,
      1. Is there no time limit to when I have to clear the $50 gained through opening a new FT account via PS.com? In other words, will this $50 - or what is left of it - be lost should I not clear it within a certain period of time?

2. How many FT points do you need to earn the extra $50? Or, how many points are required to get each $5 increment paid to me?

3. Can I assume I am not required to make any deposit myself as this requirement is not seen anywhere on the webpage above?

4. Any other advice/comments I should be aware of?

Thanks in advance.
  • 8 replies
    • LuborC
      LuborC
      Bronze
      I will try to answer your questions to the best of my ability:

1) There is no time limit to clear the original 50$. You just cannot withdraw before you do that. (I think there are 1000 points required to clear the 50$).

2) Full Tilt bonuses are cleared at a rate of 6 cents per 1 point. That means you need 834 points to clear the whole thing so that makes it 84 points for every 5$ increment. You get 2 points for every dollar raked in games you were dealt cards in or 7 points for every dollar paid in tournament fees.

3) You can definitely assume that. It wouldn't be much of a no deposit bonus if you had to make a deposit.. :f_wink:

4) Full Tilt is an awesome site, second largest in the business so you won't be disappointed if you choose it for your starting capital..
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Hello majumbo and welcome to PokerStrategy!

I see that I am too late to answer your questions (I can only confirm that LuborC has done an excellent job in doing so) but not too late to welcome you :)

Full Tilt is indeed a good choice in site and I wish you the best of luck in establishing yourself there. If you use our content offering of videos, articles, coachings and the forum you should have no problem doing so!

Hope to see you around,
      SoyCD
    • majumbo
      majumbo
      Basic
      Thanks to LuborC and SoyCD for your replies.

Is the FT bonus (the extra $50) cleared at the same time as the first $50 bonus (gained through signing up via SP.com) or I have to wait until the latter has been completely cleared?

Also, which type of games/poker (e.g. Sit & Go, etc.) do you recommend joining to get a taste of playing games FT?

The other thing is about getting the 100% bonus for the first deposit, provided by the FT website. Is there a time limit for making the first deposit to qualify for this 100% bonus? Or, is there no so-called 'first deposit' for me since PS.com is already providing a starting capital, considered as 'the first deposit' by FT website?

The last question for the moment: must I download the software via PS.com in order to qualify for the $50 starting capital? Can I go straight to FT.com and download the software there, key in the PS.com bonus code whilst setting up a new account, return to PS.com to enter my new FT player ID, and still get the $50 starting capital?

Thanks again for your responses - and thanks for entertaining me with the above questions.
    • chuongdk
      chuongdk
      Bronze
      fulltilt is great and i'm playing there,
      only one thing, your pokerstrategy points increase slowly (compare to playing in party)
    • jhonst5
      jhonst5
      Bronze
      Originally posted by majumbo

The last question for the moment: must I download the software via PS.com in order to qualify for the $50 starting capital? Can I go straight to FT.com and download the software there, key in the PS.com bonus code whilst setting up a new account, return to PS.com to enter my new FT player ID, and still get the $50 starting capital?

above questions.
      I would like to know the answer for this question' please.
    • LuborC
      LuborC
      Bronze
      I don't think it is necessary with the Full Tilt software. Still I don't know why can't you download the software from the pokerstrategy link just to be sure..
      The important thing is to enter the correct code when creating the account..

EDIT: There is whole guide on this..
    • majumbo
      majumbo
      Basic
      Thanks LuborC for your reply. I was just wondering about the issue you see :)
    • LuborC
      LuborC
      Bronze
      No problem, what's up with you not being bronze yet though? Are you having some kind of problems or you just didn't make up your mind about the right site for you yet?