Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      MP1:
      $11.70
      Hero:
      $32.32

0.1/0.2 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A:club: , T:club:
      MP1 calls $0.20, MP2 folds, Hero raises to $1.00, 4 folds, MP1 calls $0.80.

Flop: ($2.30) 9:spade: , 3:diamond: , Q:club: (2 players)
      MP1 checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($2.30) 4:club: (2 players)
      MP1 bets $2.30, Hero calls $2.30.

River: ($6.90) 3:heart: (2 players)
      MP1 bets $8.40 (All-In), Hero folds.

Final Pot: $15.30

Raise Turn?
  • 3 replies
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      A raise on the turn attempts to represent either a slowplayed monster (QQ is the only hand that qualifies) or that the 4 made you.

Neither is true so a raise on the turn is a pure air bluff on around 12 outs.

With a little implied (need villain to call =>$2.30 on the river to make up the difference) we can claim odds to call here but folding wouldnt be completely unreasonable. Limited read on villain so far says somewhat timid (1.3 AF). Villain probably has a PP or small piece of the board and would be unlikely to pay a club / A / T unless holding a hand that was helped by the same (eg A9, A3, T9, T3), in which cases you are beat anyway.

Perhaps I drank some passive juice today but I am folding the turn here.
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Jaissica
      A raise on the turn attempts to represent either a slowplayed monster (QQ is the only hand that qualifies) or that the 4 made you.

Neither is true so a raise on the turn is a pure air bluff on around 12 outs.

With a little implied (need villain to call =>$2.30 on the river to make up the difference) we can claim odds to call here but folding wouldnt be completely unreasonable. Limited read on villain so far says somewhat timid (1.3 AF). Villain probably has a PP or small piece of the board and would be unlikely to pay a club / A / T unless holding a hand that was helped by the same (eg A9, A3, T9, T3), in which cases you are beat anyway.

Perhaps I drank some passive juice today but I am folding the turn here.
      I would put him on 99, 33 or 44 here. And he prob isnt letting go of it on the river with his stack if I hit my club. Also on the turn he could do this with Qx since flop is dryish. All of these possibilities facilitate my call.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I´d prefer c-bet on the flop 2$, because you can then take free cards on the turn or shove if you think that you have fold equity.
      Better than just check and give up if you don´t improve.