This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] QQ BU - 4bet or fold?

• 5 replies
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      MP1 is a nit so we cant easily ignore his presence in the hand.

I hate folding QQ but I think you might have found a situation where it can be folded here. MP2 is relatively unknown but shaping as a bit of a loose mid stack, so vs just them 4bet-shove, but with MP1 in the hand (15/8 over 200, 18 ORL so positionally aware, makes MP1 raise range around 5 (JJ+, AKo+, AQs)) we can fold here often enough. I cant see MP1 folding whatever they raised with if we flat, but I can see them squeezing with alot of that range, and 4betting ourselves with such a nit to act after us is surely not a fun place to be.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I´d prefer 3-betting and getting it all-in
      You should be ahead of their ranges.
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      I´d prefer 3-betting and getting it all-in
      You should be ahead of their ranges.
      What if MP2 has never 3betted before? I Still shove right?
    • Verre
      Verre
      Silver
      Kaitz got to this one before me but I have to completely agree with him.

MP1 made a standard raise and although he is semi tight, it shouldn't be a complete surprise when he makes this play.

MP2 seems to be semi loose and either bought in for 2/3s a full stack or lost $7 dollars, both positives for you in this situation since
      1) he has a decent amount of cash you can take
      2)he seems to be willing to get his money in a lot

I personally think this is a good spot to 3/4 bet MP2 and try and get him all in. At this point I think MP1 is going to fade away from the hand and MP2 will call.

I think even if MP2 has never 3 bet before its a good move just based on his overall looseness.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Verre
      Kaitz got to this one before me but I have to completely agree with him.

MP1 made a standard raise and although he is semi tight, it shouldn't be a complete surprise when he makes this play.

MP2 seems to be semi loose and either bought in for 2/3s a full stack or lost $7 dollars, both positives for you in this situation since
      1) he has a decent amount of cash you can take
      2)he seems to be willing to get his money in a lot

I personally think this is a good spot to 3/4 bet MP2 and try and get him all in. At this point I think MP1 is going to fade away from the hand and MP2 will call.

I think even if MP2 has never 3 bet before its a good move just based on his overall looseness.
      +1