[NL20-NL50] QQ BU - 4bet or fold?

• 5 replies
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      MP1 is a nit so we cant easily ignore his presence in the hand.

I hate folding QQ but I think you might have found a situation where it can be folded here. MP2 is relatively unknown but shaping as a bit of a loose mid stack, so vs just them 4bet-shove, but with MP1 in the hand (15/8 over 200, 18 ORL so positionally aware, makes MP1 raise range around 5 (JJ+, AKo+, AQs)) we can fold here often enough. I cant see MP1 folding whatever they raised with if we flat, but I can see them squeezing with alot of that range, and 4betting ourselves with such a nit to act after us is surely not a fun place to be.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I´d prefer 3-betting and getting it all-in
      You should be ahead of their ranges.
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      I´d prefer 3-betting and getting it all-in
      You should be ahead of their ranges.
      What if MP2 has never 3betted before? I Still shove right?
    • Verre
      Verre
      Bronze
      Kaitz got to this one before me but I have to completely agree with him.

MP1 made a standard raise and although he is semi tight, it shouldn't be a complete surprise when he makes this play.

MP2 seems to be semi loose and either bought in for 2/3s a full stack or lost $7 dollars, both positives for you in this situation since
      1) he has a decent amount of cash you can take
      2)he seems to be willing to get his money in a lot

I personally think this is a good spot to 3/4 bet MP2 and try and get him all in. At this point I think MP1 is going to fade away from the hand and MP2 will call.

I think even if MP2 has never 3 bet before its a good move just based on his overall looseness.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Verre
      Kaitz got to this one before me but I have to completely agree with him.

MP1 made a standard raise and although he is semi tight, it shouldn't be a complete surprise when he makes this play.

MP2 seems to be semi loose and either bought in for 2/3s a full stack or lost $7 dollars, both positives for you in this situation since
      1) he has a decent amount of cash you can take
      2)he seems to be willing to get his money in a lot

I personally think this is a good spot to 3/4 bet MP2 and try and get him all in. At this point I think MP1 is going to fade away from the hand and MP2 will call.

I think even if MP2 has never 3 bet before its a good move just based on his overall looseness.
      +1