$9.25
      UTG1:
      $88.80
      UTG2:
      $19.45
      MP1:
      $41.50

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q, T.
      2 folds, MP1 calls $0.50, 4 folds, SB calls $0.25, Hero checks.

Flop: ($1.50) 5, K, Q (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks, MP1 bets $2.00, SB folds, Hero raises to $8.75(All-In), MP1 etc.

SB 18/7.7/39hands
      MP1 46/2.9/AF1.1/AFq34/35hands

Due to multitabling I check on flop but probably I would have to play bet/push; as played on flop, OOP I prefer push for FE and for value if turn was a scary :diamond: .
  • 5 replies
    • Termi8r
      Termi8r
      Bronze
      Hi theperni,

This is an interesting one, MP1 seems like a passive opponent although we only have 35 hands on him. He plays a lot of hands preflop and then over bets this scary flop. For a passive opponent I don't think he is on a draw. He either have the flush already or he might have top pair with a K and is scared about the flush.

Amount to be won = $18.5 (EDIT: or is it $8.75+$0.75 = $9.5? plz advize...)
      Amount to call = $8.75
      Break even equity = 32%

The possibilities is too much for my head so I resort to my Equilator friend:

Against a hand like KJ with no diamonds you have 50%
      Against lower flush you have 32% (8d7d)
      Against a higher flush draw you have 57% (Ad4s)
      Against a higher flush you are dead (RIP) 2.5%

So to we have to evaluate the possibilities of each of these hands...

In my opinion I would fold this hand due to the passive nature of the opponent and him betting the flop so strong.

Good Luck
      Termi8r
    • dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
      Mid-pair, and one-card FD T high doesn't look like a very strong hand here. By the calculations Termi8r posted it doens't look like it's a good spot for you to invest your money.

I'd fold to his bet in this spot, especially because you haven't invested anything pre-flop.
    • Termi8r
      Termi8r
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Termi8r
      Hi theperni,

This is an interesting one, MP1 seems like a passive opponent although we only have 35 hands on him. He plays a lot of hands preflop and then over bets this scary flop. For a passive opponent I don't think he is on a draw. He either have the flush already or he might have top pair with a K and is scared about the flush.

Amount to be won = $18.5 (EDIT: or is it $8.75+$0.75 = $9.5? plz advize...EDIT#2 I messed it up, it should be $9.5 which makes the equity you need even more so still a fold imo...)
      Amount to call = $8.75
      Break even equity = 32%

The possibilities is too much for my head so I resort to my Equilator friend:

Against a hand like KJ with no diamonds you have 50%
      Against lower flush you have 32% (8d7d)
      Against a higher flush draw you have 57% (Ad4s)
      Against a higher flush you are dead (RIP) 2.5%

So to we have to evaluate the possibilities of each of these hands...

In my opinion I would fold this hand due to the passive nature of the opponent and him betting the flop so strong.

Good Luck
      Termi8r
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Hello theperni,

I actually like the hand just as ti was played. The hand isn't strong enough to lead out OOP, because if you get called you won't know where you stand on almost any turn card. On the other hand, if we c/r all-in we achieve a lot of FE and negate our position. Our hand of course is usually behind the villain's calling range(not way behind tho, because hitting nutflush on the flop is very rare), but with FE this should be very profitable push, because we have 70% equity on the flop against his whole flop range and he could be limpstealing.

If both villains cb I would probably play c/f on most turn cards.

Also, c/f all the way isn't a big mistake, because it's unraised pot and we haven't invested anything yet.

...I'm not completely sure whether c/r line is really the best, so I'm leaving this open for other judges.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      the best EV line without statistics is Bet/Bet/Bet here since c/R against Mp1's AF is simply isolating. You can c/c and evaluate but then you have to make a big decision on the Turn

I prefer bet & find out tactic
      Against TP you have 14 outs for instance etc.etc.

- Gerv