Studying Articles?

• Joshquan
      Joshquan
      Bronze
      Has anyone got any tips in terms of studdy articles or videos?

I find my self just reading throuhg them or watching them and i tend not to absorb alot of it, i was thinking of making notes or somehting like that and was wondering wha sort of things people right down?

ANy advice is much appriciated!

Josh
  • 6 replies
    • LemOn36
      LemOn36
      Coach
      Coach
      Just don't watch boring Hasenbraten's vids and you'll be fine ;o

And yes, you should read them and try to think hard about what is said
    • One12ver
      One12ver
      Bronze
      Try taking one lesson or 1/2 lesson at a time and study and practice for a couple of days then move on to another. An example is SH limit BB defence, study the artical, then for the next few sessions concetrate on following what was taught. I have the same problem and have found this way works good.
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      strat9 had a really good suggestion.

Take the article, study it (notes if you like) and then review your hand histories for examples relating to that article. See whether you played optimally or not and what errors you may have made, or whether you've played correctly.

If you can find examples from a recent session that association will help you to remember the material.
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      In a video, think about what you would do instead of watch over it.

example , sit&go you see an easy push but the coach folds and normaly he will say why , it's very helpfull
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Make sure you understand what you are reading/watching. Go over same thing until you see what is happening.
    • Joshquan
      Joshquan
      Bronze
      ah, i really like waiboys posts, nevern thort about doing it like that before, i will have to try it out, thanks for all your suggestsions !