Very lucky opponent? FLHU

• mChavez
      mChavez
      Bronze
      Hi all!

I've been playing HU recently and lost a lot to one very strange opponent. The strange thing was that in 95% of hands he had at least a pair. When I had a pair. he had a better pair. When I had a top pair. he had better kicker. I had a straight - he had a higher straight or a flush. The guy was very aggressive, and he would always keep betting and then catch his card.

I don't want to cry about hackers, but that game was just way too suspicious.

What's that? voodoo magic or what?

Just complaining=(((
  • 7 replies
    • dextart
      dextart
      Bronze
      Hey,

Just out of curiosity, how large is the hand sample and do you mean 95% of all showdown hands?

According to PT3, 56% of all the hands I played (80K+) would have made at least a pair. And of the 3.9% of the hands that made it to the showdown, 100% are at least one pair, with 60% of them actually being stronger than that.

Of coure, I'm an NL SSS player, but still, I guess you don't push to showdown 2/3 of all your hands in FL?

That other thing is called downswing, variance :D Might also be bad play, but I hope not ;)

Cheers!
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      Wow you must be running good dextart, aren't you supposed to hit the flop only 1/3rd of the time? Gotta check how my sample is
    • dextart
      dextart
      Bronze
      Thanks :) I'm not sure, overall it's ~1.4BB/100h. Probably I do hit around 1/3, but then I guess most hands don't go much further either due to villains folding to my Cbet, or me folding due to theirs. So those that make it to the showdown are not just x high, and to be honest I didn't expect 100% to be at least a pair. I could swear I had A high many times after pushing preflop with AK or such, perhaps I'm not filtering something right here...
    • tXZ
      tXZ
      Bronze
      make sure you filter paired board and hands folded preflop.
    • WPTRay
      WPTRay
      Bronze
      @ TS
      Just watch some FL HU video's (against different playing style opponents) and you will see you were a bit unlucky :)
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      It is just being unlucky.

In HU I like to think that downswings are for fish and losing money is for retards...
    • TTT241
      TTT241
      Bronze
      If I have a look, I have the worst score (-$100) against opponent who has VP/FPR 60%/30% in SH game... he hit every bizarre gutshot, four flush, etc. and crushed my TPTK, etc. And he runs -5BB/100.

Regards

TTT