This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] ATo SB Defense

• Verre
      Verre
      Silver
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $21.32
      BU:
      $20.89

0.1/0.2 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with A:spade: , T:diamond:
      3 folds, BU raises to $0.80, Hero calls $0.70, BB folds.

Flop: ($1.80) 7:club: , 6:spade: , T:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.20, BU raises to $3.60, Hero calls $2.40.

Turn: ($9.00) 2:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.40, BU raises to $6.00, Hero calls $3.60.

River: ($21.00) A:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $10.92 (All-In), BU raises to $10.49 (All-In).

Final Pot: $42.41

What do you think about this line? After I saw opponents hand I felt like a donk. What do you think?
  • 7 replies
    • nttflox
      nttflox
      Bronze
      I'm folding after the flop raise.
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Originally posted by nttflox
      I'm folding after the flop raise.
      Yes, because he is passive preflop and postflop

Edit: Just noticed he is pf aggressor. Fold pf, this guy only has ORL=5 and is very tight raiser
    • VzLOM
      VzLOM
      Bronze
      call PF - biggest mistake at general and espessially against such opp
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello,

Preflop: I don't really think that he is very often stealing there so I'd just fold here if you are wanting to defend your blind against a stealer then raise it up with such hand.

As played
      Flop: Bet/Fold.

Best regards,
      Rensu
    • Verre
      Verre
      Silver
      Now that I have had my hand judged, and I knew I played wrong, I will let you know what happened.

He flipped over QQ and I felted him. I got lucky, appologized for donking him, and continued on playing. Within 3 hands I felted another full stack and then about 10 hands later I felted this same guy after he rebought for half a stack.

The other two hands I didn't make mistakes on like i did with this one. I wanted to post it basically to show my mistake.
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Verre
      Now that I have had my hand judged, and I knew I played wrong, I will let you know what happened.

He flipped over QQ and I felted him. I got lucky, appologized for donking him, and continued on playing. Within 3 hands I felted another full stack and then about 10 hands later I felted this same guy after he rebought for half a stack.

The other two hands I didn't make mistakes on like i did with this one. I wanted to post it basically to show my mistake.
      No need to apologize, its not like you were bluffing all the way and caught your A on the river lol

After watching TwiceT's silver HU video I see this as a good spot to put him on tilt.
    • Verre
      Verre
      Silver
      Lol I never thought about putting him on tilt like that Brood, Although it seemed too.

Like I said I felted him again about 15 hands later. He rebought in for half a stack and I reraised into him preflop with KK. He pushed over me with AQ and I took another $10.

I appologized more to myself than him. I had to make sure I didn't think I did something right. After the reraise QQ immidiately popped into my head, yet I called anyways.