[NL2-NL10] slow playing 3 8s turns sour...

• ramjack
      ramjack
      Bronze
      Im not sure if I made the mistake of slow playing my trio here or when I made an all-in call trying to fold my opponents... maybe I made two mistakes here... would like to here your feedbacks :(

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $1.70
      BB:
      $0.78
      MP2:
      $1.84
      Hero:
      $0.73

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with 8:heart: , 8:club:
      3 folds, MP2 calls $0.02, MP3 folds, Hero calls $0.02, BU folds, SB calls $0.01, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.08) J:heart: , 4:diamond: , 8:spade: (4 players)
      SB bets $0.05, BB calls $0.05, MP2 calls $0.05, Hero calls $0.05.

Turn: ($0.28) 2:diamond: (4 players)
      SB bets $0.18, BB calls $0.18, MP2 calls $0.18, Hero raises to $0.66 (All-In), SB calls $0.48, BB folds, MP2 calls $0.48.

River: ($2.44) 3:diamond: (2 players)
      SB bets $0.97 (All-In), MP2 folds, SB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $2.44
  • 2 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi,

Raise preflop 5xBB

Flop is relatively dry but I would have raised since there were 2 callers to SB's original bet.
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Hello ramjack,

you're sitting at the table with 36,5BBs which is too much to play short stack strategy as it's meant to be played, but if you just doubled up then it's fine to wait till you get blinded out. If you're not too familiar/comfortable playing with bigger stack I would advise you to play only monster hands(KK+) when you wait to get blinded out, because they're easy to play also with big stack, but if you are comfortable with bigger stack and some postflop game, then you can play all the hands from SHC also with double stack.

With one limper in front of you, just raise 5BB according to the strategy and when you hit your set on the flop thus made hand, just keep on betting as described in the articles, can't really give you the amount, because it would depend on the pot size which would be different in raised pot. Limping for set value with bigger stack is also not a mistake, but I find this play too weak.

As played, nice hand. You have a really strong hand on the flop and the board is very dry, so you don't want to scare your opponents away, therefore I like your call. And on the turn players put in so much money already that pushing is the only way to go and besides you have to protect against FD and OESD which are now possible.

If you have any additional questions about the hand feel free to click "Advise the judge to have another look" button.

Regards!
      burek2000