CPU Hog?

• ManniXXX
      ManniXXX
      Bronze
      Anyone else experiencing this?

Email to stars support

Hello

I have noticed that the pokerstars client is hogging my cpu at random times. The issue is intermittent and is sometimes noticeable whilst other times not. I was wondering if you could correlate my problem with possible other reports and/or give me some help to solve these issues.

The issue first started a few updates ago (not the last one but the one before) about 2 months ago. The number of tables open is not relevant; I have witnessed the CPU hogging up to 80-90% usage when just sat idle in the lobby with no tables even open. This is making multi-tabling extremly difficult if not impossible as the CPU frequently shoots up to 100% as the additional load of actually running the tables starts to have an effect and I start timing out on tables as the client freezes up.

I had thought that the most recent update had solved this issue as for the past week I have not experienced it but tonight it is happening again and so I am seeking your advice. I cut my session short early this evening as it is not possible to multi-table without timing out.

Thanks and I hope to hear a response from you shortly.
      Anyone else experiencing this? Stars software seems to be getting buggier this last few months, around the time they started doing server updates and forced client updates :/

Hi btw; Not posted for quite a while and not really played much, trying to get back into things again and get a big grind on but this is really problematic.
  • 2 replies
    • timukasr
      timukasr
      Bronze
      Try checking your computer with adaware, spybot and other things like that. Monitor your processes, maybe there's some funky virus protection or other program which makes stars client eat all the memory. Also re-install (re download!) the client. Maybe your's is broken because of some funky registry files or smthing like that.

Also possibility that your hardware is broken but I doubt it.
    • ManniXXX
      ManniXXX
      Bronze
      System is clean afaik, I'm pretty good at keeping on top of things like that. It's weird though and i've realised it's definately a localised problem. After a fresh boot it's unlikely to happen, after 3-4 days system uptime it seems more frequent. In contact with stars anyway, this threads intention was to see if it was a borked update or not but clearly this is a specific problem for me so

/thread