$10.11
      UTG2:
      $19.50
      MP2:
      $10.28
      BU:
      $9.98

0.1/0.2 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with 7:spade: , 6:spade:
      UTG1 calls $0.20, UTG2 calls $0.20, MP1 folds, MP2 calls $0.20, 2 folds, BU calls $0.20, Hero calls $0.10, BB checks.

Flop: ($1.20) Q:spade: , 8:spade: , 7:diamond: (6 players)
      Hero checks, BB checks, UTG1 checks, UTG2 checks, MP2 bets $0.20, BU folds, Hero raises to $1.80, 3 folds, MP2 raises to $10.08 (All-In), Hero calls $8.28.

Turn: ($21.36) 2:heart:
      River: ($21.36) 8:heart: (1 players)

Final Pot: $21.36
  • 12 replies
    • Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      I think we can find a fold after MP2 shove. You do not hold much vs his line except the draw.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I think leading out is likely better than c/r
      And with your equity you can likely get all the money all-in on the flop
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      I think leading out is likely better than c/r
      ty

Why is it better?
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Because you get some difficult decisions when 100bb stack decides to re-raise you there and I´m not sure that you should play for there for stacks
      So often it is correct to fold to 3-bet
      If you elad out, it seems very strong and worse hands could fold and when someone raises you can likely call and evaluate on the turn
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Because you get some difficult decisions when 100bb stack decides to re-raise you there and I´m not sure that you should play for there for stacks
      If you elad out, it seems very strong and worse hands could fold and when someone raises you can likely call and evaluate on the turn
      I dont believe this guy has a set with his line of play.

"If you elad out, it seems very strong and worse hands could fold and when someone raises you can likely call and evaluate on the turn" <--- I dont understand this part. Why would I want worse to fold.?
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      We are in front 53/48 vs TP, down 58-42 vs 2p, down 69-31 vs set.

Can bet-shove or just call along, whatever suits your personal aggression style. I dont think either move is better or worse than the other here.

I probably would call the 20c bet and take the cheap card, although it means we probably wont get much in the way of implieds if we flush up against a weak queen, but I dont see a reason to play for stacks in this position. Rather play for stacks when we have better than 53% of it.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TheBrood
      I dont believe this guy has a set with his line of play.

"If you elad out, it seems very strong and worse hands could fold and when someone raises you can likely call and evaluate on the turn" <--- I dont understand this part. Why would I want worse to fold.?
      I didn´t see where I said that you should want to fold worse hand
      Just when you get all your money all-in on the flop, you´re not really against flushdraws, but more likely two+better hands, so although you have good enough equity- you´re not really ahead there most of the times when you get your money all-in
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Jaissica

Do you have a table with these odds somewhere? Know where I can get one? Im too slow to open Equilator during a session.
    • Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      [quote]Originally posted by TheBrood

quote]

Do you have a table with these odds somewhere? Know where I can get one? Im too slow to open Equilator during a session.
      Your not allowed to open Equilator during a session anyway (can get you into trouble by the site)

Look the exact stats are not that important. You can write them down I guess, but you just need to know roughly where you stand.

Like slightly ahead of TP or pair, a bit behind 2p, very behind set with roughly the same outs you need to chase the flush.

If you remember that its enough to play.
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      [quote]Originally posted by Dragar

quote]

Your not allowed to open Equilator during a session anyway (can get you into trouble by the site)

Look the exact stats are not that important. You can write them down I guess, but you just need to know roughly where you stand.

Like slightly ahead of TP or pair, a bit behind 2p, very behind set with roughly the same outs you need to chase the flush.

Was hoping for a table that covered all the situations like:

FD+TP
      FD+SD
      FD+midpair
      FD+OC
      etc

vs

TP
      2pair
      Set
      etc
    • Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      [quote]Originally posted by TheBrood
      Originally posted by Dragar

quote]

Was hoping for a table that covered all the situations like:

FD+TP
      FD+SD
      FD+midpair
      FD+OC
      etc

vs

TP
      2pair
      Set
      etc
      You could quickly run through the outs in your head and compare them to outs of known things like flush draws.

For example:

You have FD + TP and villain has set. Meaning effectivly only your flush draw outs count... you will win ca 1/3 of the time.
      You have FD + TP vs 2pair. Your flush draw outs count + 3 additional outs. Your chances go up a bit, maybe -1 out for your flush draw if board pairs and villain might get FH.

Thats what I usually do when thinking about hands while playing. Put my opponent on something and then see how many more or less outs I have compared to flush draw outs and adjust my chances of winning like that.
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      You can build a chart yourself in a hurry with equiltator. Just equilate the situations and write down the rough results, and use that as a rough guide :)

To be honest it was the first time ive calculated equity for FD + pair (I pokerstoved it while posting). I was suprised to find we were even in front of TP (where their kicker doesnt dominate our unpaired card). I learnt something in this thread :)