Just Another Whine Post

• ptmx
      ptmx
      Bronze
      Background: I've been playing NL2/NL5 heavily for the last ~10 days since receiving my starting capital and have slowly worked my bankroll up to ~$150 and cleared the bonus.

Today I had a good deal of free time and Full Tilt was running an extended "Happy Hour" promotion (you get 3x as many Full Tilt Points as usual during Happy Hour), so I decided that today was an ideal day to grind out a huge session. 8 tables, 6 hours and 5k hands later, this is my PokerEV graph:

Edit: PokerEV, for those who don't know, is a program that imports hands from PokerTracker and calculates your expected value in all-in situations and graphs it alongside your actual winnings in all-in situations. This expected value is graphed as "Sklansky Bucks".

So I ran about 8 buy-ins and change below expectation today in my all-in situations. This doesn't even account for the multiple set-over-set coolers and narrow folds when a player has clearly drawn out on me. Needless to say, I am a little bit demoralized. However, I am pleased because I think I played solid poker throughout the whole session, even after several rather nasty beats that might normally tilt me.

Thank you all for commiserating with me :) . Time for a glorious return to NL2, and I hope to see you all back at NL5 in a few days.
  • 2 replies
    • FirestormX
      FirestormX
      Bronze
      Shake it off...
    • p0kerQT
      p0kerQT
      Bronze
      Hi ptmx,

Try not to let short term results deter you, you think you are playing well and thats what matters the most, the results of your good play should show in the long run. I'm glad that you are sticking to bankroll management and moving down as it can be destructive to your bankroll playing at a level too high.

I wish you the best luck overcoming your downswing :)

Regards,
      Sarah