Is there strategy for SH SnG ?

• 7 replies
    • KidPokersKid
      KidPokersKid
      Global
      If you understand russian there are some 6max SnG videos and also 6max SnG coachings
    • Alverine
      Alverine
      Bronze
      Originally posted by KidPokersKid
      If you understand russian there are some 6max SnG videos and also 6max SnG coachings
      Thats the only solution? :(
    • miskokvo
      miskokvo
      Bronze
      strategy is prrety same ... w8 for good hands eraly ... and after that play via ICM
    • LemOn36
      LemOn36
      Coach
      Coach
      I disagree.

SH SnG's should be played pretty much like SH Cash games with adjusting to all opponents, just on the safer side from the beginning.
      It is easy to use your edge when its shorthanded and playing like a huge nit would be a waste (+the blinds eat more into you).

Use ICM when you enter the regular zones. You could also look for the final table article which should provide some help at least
    • miskokvo
      miskokvo
      Bronze
      SH Cash games - maybe normal but i thin in speed ones you should stick with ICm
    • LemOn36
      LemOn36
      Coach
      Coach
      Yeah, Well as Stars you have the 150bb MTT SH donkaments. I always own when its over 50BB and than start to go doooooown as I suck at SnG's :o
    • rhinoneil
      rhinoneil
      Silver
      In SH games, you can still play tight early on, you just need to appreciate that what might be considered loose in a 10 seater could be tight 6 handed if that makes sense.
      The value of hands like 1010+, AQ+, A9s+ go up a bit, imo.
      You also need to take account of the fact that you are either in the blinds or button 50% of the time so it doesnt make a lot of sense to play so tight that you dont play a hand in the first 3/4 levels and get to ths push/fold stage too soon.
      I generally like to play ultra tight level1 then will test the water and my image at level 2/3 with position only raises.
      Of course OOP, first in I raise any pair, A10+, Axs, KJ+.
      This might be a bit too loose for some btw so dont take this as the recommended line.
      6 handed I dont like calling much at all beyond level 1, prefering to raise or fold.